How to achieve this look(link included)

i'm not good at technical stuff but i think you need DSLR camera ,huge white sheet,back light between actress and sheet,key light in front but less volume

They're in front of a white wall that somebody has a light coming from the bottom and is pointed at the wall. Most likely that's just a simple desk lamp.

The other light is above and in front of the actresses. Most likely it's behind the camera and pointed at a not-too-harsh angle to avoid shadows on the faces, but it's not so bright or it's so far back that it's not spilling on to the background. It too could be pretty simple.

They're also desaturating manually in FCP - instead of tinting grey or using the desaturate option, they're going into the color corrector and pulling the colors down as well as the blacks, that's what gets the steep falloff.

Just sash a cyc to your liking.
In this case, a regular white wall would do fine as no full body shots are used.

White is always right for any backdrop, unless you want to key it later then green is best. But you don't need any special material to do the job.

Equipment:
Canon T3i
Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 VC lens
White seamless paper backdrop
650 watt fresnel
1000 watt light going through softbox

650 fresnel is shining through the back of the paper to create the circle gradient. softbox is on a field goal stand about three feet above and aiming diagonal on the subjects. Shot in monochrome picture style(black and white) at iso 320 and an aperture of 3.5

wow...thanks man...didnt know you had an account on here...i just got the t3i a month ago and love it...tryna save up and get more equipment for it....

A white wall or a white back drop...SLR camera A good lens (not stock) put a light out of view pointed up blur the background... Make it black and white in what ever program you use to edit.

Back