Help! I Want To Make A Music Video

LimaLaVoz

YouTube.com/HotSongBeats
Hey what's up guys? I am interested in shooting my own music videos. Right now I have a limited budget and wanted to get ideas on what I can do with what I have currently, and by possibly investing in a DIY light kit.

My equipment:
  • flip ultra HD
  • a tripod
  • a portable audio recorder
  • a pair of home depot flood lights
  • final cut pro
Where do you guys suggest I start?

Thanks

-Lima

I know where I will start. Making my 1.st full music video with a GoPro Hero 2. Handheld from start to finish as the wide angle makes camera movement so smooth. Then I´ll edit it on FCX.
Gotta shoot in sun/daylight though as lowlight conditions is nothing for the GoPro.
I have a decent camera too (Panasoniz HDR700) but I really wanna shoot the whole video with the Go Pro.

Idea man; ideas. Just get a great idea and you can shoot it oneshot with a tripod like this one.

I know where I will start. Making my 1.st full music video with a GoPro Hero 2. Handheld from start to finish as the wide angle makes camera movement so smooth. Then I´ll edit it on FCX.
Gotta shoot in sun/daylight though as lowlight conditions is nothing for the GoPro.
I have a decent camera too (Panasoniz HDR700) but I really wanna shoot the whole video with the Go Pro.

Idea man; ideas. Just get a great idea and you can shoot it oneshot with a tripod like this one.

Wow this is a really cool, video. A simple one shot video is totally do able with what I have. Thanks.

Time to brain storm a cool concept.

I'd be interested in seeing how your video turns out.

Beat makers hq

When I was going to make my first music video, I was very concerned, But I have gotten best help from here.

Last edited:
When I was going to make my first music video, I was very concerned, But I have gotten best help from here.

It's intimating for me to jump into such new territory, but I really want to make something cool. How many have you made so far?

but I really want to make something cool

If you've never done this before you should just be concerned with learning how to use all your new equipment. Forget making the world's most amazing video your first time because you don't have the skill yet. You need to start with making very simple videos on a regular basis so you get really used to using your equipment and software. To get better at anything you just need to practice, and forget about the outcome. If you set yourself a big goal its too easy to get frustrated and overwhelmed by such a steep learning curve and it could make you give it up. Just practice for practice sake and start small and relaxed.

If you've never done this before you should just be concerned with learning how to use all your new equipment. Forget making the world's most amazing video your first time because you don't have the skill yet. You need to start with making very simple videos on a regular basis so you get really used to using your equipment and software. To get better at anything you just need to practice, and forget about the outcome. If you set yourself a big goal its too easy to get frustrated and overwhelmed by such a steep learning curve and it could make you give it up. Just practice for practice sake and start small and relaxed.

Thank you that's great advice.

You really just gotta jump in when it comes to videos. Your first one will be alright, but you have to really examine where and how it fell short to improve upon it in the future. Take what you have and make a video, don't wait.

You really just gotta jump in when it comes to videos. Your first one will be alright, but you have to really examine where and how it fell short to improve upon it in the future. Take what you have and make a video, don't wait.

I start shooting next week. I'm excited and nervous, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Back