Green Screen

Epsilon-144

Musician and Producer
Does anybody else use a green screen to transform backdrops into anything?

I think it's a very useful technique and really cheap! Green Screens can be homemade for under $10 or bought with muslin material in a good color for around $20. AND the software that can "chromakey" (erase the green background) and replace it with anything you want is FREE. One great software application is called "OBS" (Opensource Broadcast Software).

Here's an example of how OBS finds the green color and replaces it with the background image:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRkIXR8A3US/
...the video is from my instagram, so follow if ya want. ;)

You can download OBS here:https://obsproject.com

Trust me, if you do anything with Youtube, this is good software. I'm new though, so there's still a lot to learn...but its a lot of fun!

Last edited:
Yea it's a good way to go about things, great for people who don't want to spend too much time editing their stuff, I have a diploma as a graphic designer though so that kind of helps me out haha ;) But I basically apply the same technique I just use Adobe Premiere.

awesome! Ya, I've been involved in music production for a while but no video so this is all new. haha, its awesome though. It's a lot of fun.

im trying to do this. I made a video in imovie, but i wanted to edit in some people dancing over some footage i put together using a green screen. I plan on just filming it with an iphone

That be awesome. If you want to record audio directly your phone, I recommend the iRig 2. But since it's a video, you'll probably just mute the video audio and use your song.

Here's what I was able to make as a trailer for my new live streams (every wednesday at 7pm).

...Here:

the green screen is really cool. I don't wanna talk about it too much because some people are in awe about how I'm doing everything, but ill talk on here because this is where we all learn the cool techniques. but ya, it works really well.

cool, i will check that out.
I was actually pretty surprised that i was able to put something together on my own, with no experience in video editing.
I'm just using imovie. I started using alot of effects with transparent backgrounds that you can mixing into your video.
You can download effects that look pretty good and just layer them into your video.

Back