Is this a good HDD camera to do videos ?

BLISS

http://everio.jvc.com/feat1.html

I need to know, because I want to buy one to do videos within Digital Performer 6 or Logic 8.

I just need CLEAR QUALITY and good features to use, and of course HD, since I want to just attach a FIREWIRE or USB cable to transfer the VIDEO into my DAW, preferably FIREWIRE.

I have $500 , so I cant get the HVC-X yadda yadda joint I read about for $3g's. I just wanna do a GOOD VIDEO ya know, 106 & Park'ish, MTV'ish.

Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks

i have the HVX-200 with tripod, mic, camera light, lavalier mics and HD card. cost 7.5g's homie.

Last edited:
What I'd recommend more than anything else is manual exposure. Pick a camera that has this. Even if the picture's clear and everything else is great, this can be the difference between a crap-looking video and a good one.

Most of the features that camera mfr's list on their website are just marketing nonsense--they're really not that important if you're trying to make a GOOD looking video. Just go for manual controls (manual exposure, manual focus, etc). The camera that's got the most of these is almost always going to be the best for making something look professional and "good".

I agree with Kfal. As well lighting is almost more important than camera to make a video look professional.

keep in mind that you have to deal with lot of Hd space,after i tried render in HD format,i have to alter course from HD to miniDV,also the HDtv in thailand is not popular.
You can read some of digicamera info at my blog,friend

Last edited:
hey lovenara i read in your blog that we cant put hd videos on dvd. why is that? so we cant just burn it onto a dvd-r? can you tell me more about this, im kind of confused. thannks

hi
Unfortunately HD tv is not popular in my country due to economy and other factors,so i dont deal with it anymore,just doing miniDV:)
I used to try editing my file in HD style and it ate up lot of diskspace,i mean lot!!!
So storing this format for movie i think you need bluray,not dvd-r.
you can google more info about this.
Sorry if i cant help much
L

well the only thing i would recommend is if you want and HDD having one that is a Hybrid will save you hassles down the road recommended and just checking from the cameras i have layin around 35X Zoom and up is good but for the most part u never want to actually use it that far away one that u cant attach a separate mic to would be great but then the rest is on what u use to edit it

JVC cameras use a file format not recognized by most video editing software. Be prepared to convert video if you decide to go with a JVC. Other than that, it's a pretty good camera.

Is this a good HDD camera to do videos

People...you have NO IDEA how good this is....

People...you have NO IDEA how good this is....

It's not THAT great, haha. It's good, but the format in which the video is exported absolutely kills me! Enough to make me wish I would've gone with a a different one. (converting pretty much doubles the time it takes to get the footage from your camera into your video editing suite).

if you want high quality on your videos just get a canon 7D expensive but work high class

Back