Ghosting with t5i?

SunnyVisualz

almost all my videos have ghosting in them. I don't mind it with slow mo because I know that's what happens with twixtor but if you watch the whole video youll see the ghosting I'm talking about. I use a t5i, kit lens and a 50mm f/1.8 .... I use Sony vegas to edit, and YES I do disable re sample.

What could the issue be? I watch videos on you tube all the time, people making the same movements I am making with NO ghosting.

Could it be my memory card?
settings with the camera?
The camera could be on a tri pod and I'll still get ghosting :cry:

I spent a lot of money on my set up and I am very frustrated.

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

it will not be memory related as ghosting is the lingering of an image after the shot has moved on

when you watch the footage from the camera alone is the ghosting present? if so then your shutter is likely open for too long...

give us a poorman's link to some video to examine i.e. youtube/watch?v=xysdsafg

click where it says videos shot/edited by sunny..... its a playlist of all my videos I shot. Had no problems like this with my nikon d3200

and my shutter is usually on 50 shooting at 24

with the raw footage the ghosting is worse.
what do you think, maybe i should put my shutter down a little bit? I keep it at 50, and shoot at 24fps to get the "film look" maybe too much light is getting in and throwing something off wack? Some of my videos come out flawless while others don't..
It all looks good on the screen.. It's when I put everything on to my computer I can see all this ghosting.
It just doesn't make any sense to me, people have the same camera I have and are getting excellent looking video..
My clients don't notice it at all, so that's a plus. But it bothers me.. a lot

Anyway to get rid of it in post editing??

if it is in the raw footage it is very difficult to eliminate in post production

I'd be inclined to bring the shutter speed up a notch: faster = less light per frame = less chance of ghosting; or back a notch: longer exposure will tell you for sure if it is the shutter speed or something that is happening at editing time

Back