G.Grand "Breeze Through" (Video shot with Canon 60D)

jeepz

iAmJeepz.com
This one was quickly made and shot, a few things I would have liked a do-over on.
I digress, here is a video I shot for G.Grand's "Breeze Through", off the "Freshly Pressed" EP we released last month, produced by me.

Feedback or comments appreciated!

Whats up Jeepz,

I forgot that you was into the videography too. The video is straight. Especially the shots by that rocky wall. What editing programs do you use?

The video was pretty sweet. I'd recommend watching where he stands to make sure he's not completely shaded, some of the shots just looked like silhouettes but I feel like that wasn't the intent. Also try and change the position of the camera relative to him more, there were a lot of static upward facing shots and a little more variety couldn't hurt. That said I really liked the intro, did you write up the title yourself or is that a font?

Whats up Jeepz,

I forgot that you was into the videography too. The video is straight. Especially the shots by that rocky wall. What editing programs do you use?

Thanks Meeko! I use Adobe Premiere Pro. Simplest for me as I'd been using Audition & Photoshop for a while so the learning curve wasn't too steep.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

The video was pretty sweet. I'd recommend watching where he stands to make sure he's not completely shaded, some of the shots just looked like silhouettes but I feel like that wasn't the intent. Also try and change the position of the camera relative to him more, there were a lot of static upward facing shots and a little more variety couldn't hurt. That said I really liked the intro, did you write up the title yourself or is that a font?

Thanks for the feedback! The shaded shots with a sky background were intentional, but the ones you are referring to most likely, with the brick wall background, were not, and was definitely something I wanted to make sure I got right next time around. As for the angle of shot, it was my first time with a tripod I bought, which explains the static shots and similar angles, another thing I need to work out for future vids (that includes slightly chopping panning). We did the wrong thing in being very rushed that day, which limited my shots and my time in reviewing them before moving on. So when I got to editing, there were issues that I couldn't really avoid.

Great insight and very much appreciated man! As for the font, I got it on one of those online free font websites I believe.

Man, this is good. As far as the locations go my three fave were when he was on the balcony, on the stairs, and with the water and bridge behind him. Editing-wise I thought you got it down; you stuck to a consistent theme through the whole video and no cut jumped out as being too quick or too long. Oh and I agree with the person above who said you should "try and change the position of the camera relative to him more" because a lot of your shots were relatively straight on. I really liked it when you switched it up near the end and finally had a shot of him from the side (I think it was on the balcony).

Jeepz nice video, great scenery! Only neg from. Me is no intimate shots. I wouldn't know the artists if he was my barber.....feel me? A few tight shots or few more cause they were there just not enough to implants an image of the artist in the viewer's memory. Goodwork, so soulful!!!

Man, this is good. As far as the locations go my three fave were when he was on the balcony, on the stairs, and with the water and bridge behind him. Editing-wise I thought you got it down; you stuck to a consistent theme through the whole video and no cut jumped out as being too quick or too long. Oh and I agree with the person above who said you should "try and change the position of the camera relative to him more" because a lot of your shots were relatively straight on. I really liked it when you switched it up near the end and finally had a shot of him from the side (I think it was on the balcony).

Great insight, thanks GS! We'll be shooting another one in early July, and will definitely explore a variety of angles this time around.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Jeepz nice video, great scenery! Only neg from. Me is no intimate shots. I wouldn't know the artists if he was my barber.....feel me? A few tight shots or few more cause they were there just not enough to implants an image of the artist in the viewer's memory. Goodwork, so soulful!!!

Thanks man! We were trying to go for a look that revolved moreso around the scenery and backdrops than him, although as you suggested, a more balanced approach would have made the final product better. And you hit on an important point, the importance of visuals is to create a more personal relation between the viewer and artist. Thanks!

Back