is the FLIP video camcorder somewhat usable for music videos?

prodeucer

I have no music video making experience so I'm going to make assumptions here; so anything captured on camcorder can be turned into a music video with proper editing, visuals, effects, and so on. So one could make a music video just driving in a car and through the city, etc. How do you sync the mouth of the singer so that it matches the audio tracks with the video? Obviously the video then has to be muted, so that the audio can be applied to sync with the video. Any good softwares to start with?

It's either this or I can go the claymation or animation route, which can be simpler but not sure how it's done either. There are softwares out there. I've seen music videos where the singer does not match the vocal of the audio version of the song.

Then comes the script for the video. I would think the "synopsis" would be in the lyrics already so the ideas are there. Then again sometimes the video doesn't make sense in comparison with what the song was really about.

Last edited:
Depends what you're shooting for man. IMO, professionalism is key. I've had a Flip before and isn't something that will catch peoples attention. With filming we've always played the song through a sound system (blue-tooth speaker) and the musician being filmed simply raps/sings with it. It's not a bad idea to keep it on you and shoot clips that you can add to the video; yet I wouldn't use it for a whole entire music video. As I said it's all what you want.. Viewers, generally want something that's somewhat professional and worthwhile. Hope that helps!

Back