Does Adobe Premiere work good for rap videos ?

there probably are, but at that price point you may find that it is as good as it gets (we are talking full version not elements aren't we?)

I use Premiere Pro and really like it. But I've grown accustomed to all Adobe programs and their layouts. So yes it's capable, just a matter of finding if it, or another is the right fit for you.

Final Cut Pro has been the staple for nearly all editors in the industry for some years now but I hear many rumours running around that Premiere is about to take over so you're right to edge towards that one. Both programs will do everything you want, absolutely. If you get Premiere then there's a chance that you can get extra handy programs like Photoshop, a transcoding program a I think a colour grading program, but obviously you're shelling out a few more clams for a package. If you go for Final Cut, be wary, the latest one is universally hated by everyone (FCP X), FCP 7 tends to be the current favourite.

But yeah, you're definitely set to make any videos you want with premiere or FCP, don't worry. You just need to get to grips with them and learn all teir little tricks.

On the Final Cut Pro dilemma: it has been reported in another thread that it is no longer pro grade, having been butchered and gutted down to the level of Windows Movie Maker by Apple: it cannot even load older projects let alone do the editing that it was capable of at Version 9.

This thread Video editing program

Specifically these posts:
post #24

post #26

on-topic: Vegas pro is also getting some good raps...

I personally use Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects in Creative Master Suite 5. Along with other smaller better targeted programs for quick, one-off jobs

Dear I like it. But I've grown accustomed to all Adobe programs and their layouts. So yes it's capable, just a matter of finding if it.
:)

Adobe Premiere is now some of the best video editing software out there. It integrates really well with Photoshop and After Effects, so if you are using those at all you will have a very seamless experience. And since you are on Windows, I would definitely say it is the way to go. That is unless you want to give Avid a try.

Premiere Pro works great with any type of video as long as you know your way around the program. Knowing the shortcuts and ins and outs of the effects, lighting, fades, etc was very beneficial for the last music video I helped edit. Good luck!

I'm working with premiere for quite a time. Once you're into it Premiere is easy to use and a pleasure for your workflow.
Also there are some good Plugins for vide editing and a lot free presets out there. (Red Giant got some good professional Plugins at low cost).
Also if you're working with After Effects or Soundbooth, the dynamic link function speeds up your workflow even more.

Back