Check it out new video I directed hit me with some feedback

wmsproductions

Check it out new video I directed hit me with some feedback

Cassius The 5th feat Madame Cruz "Miss You"

Drop a comment on the youtube link if you like the video

Overall great work. Well edited and I like the style. I especially like the split shots.

I only see one real minor problem, that is the slight discrepancy in the switch into the shot where he grabs the vest off the couch. A split second off the beginning of the shot would be perfect.

other than that no problems, but I'd say it could use a little more movement in the lip synced scenes (by the actors or the camera itself), and try to experiment shooting at different times of the day.
These scenes could also benefit from a slightly lower frame rate. Doesn't sound like much but it adds.

Also, the argument scenes could use a little more camera movement in the intense parts, and quicker switches between shots can also add to the tension (try close up facial shots mixed with the shot of the two of them)

Overall great work. Well edited and I like the style. I especially like the split shots.

I only see one real minor problem, that is the slight discrepancy in the switch into the shot where he grabs the vest off the couch. A split second off the beginning of the shot would be perfect.

other than that no problems, but I'd say it could use a little more movement in the lip synced scenes (by the actors or the camera itself), and try to experiment shooting at different times of the day.
These scenes could also benefit from a slightly lower frame rate. Doesn't sound like much but it adds.

Also, the argument scenes could use a little more camera movement in the intense parts, and quicker switches between shots can also add to the tension (try close up facial shots mixed with the shot of the two of them)

Great feedback, thanks for checking it out. I am going to use some of the advice for future videos

Word, nice work. The editing could be more better.. It seemed a bit uninteresting when the ladies both stood there in the start, confusing as to who was rappin, should be more obvious. Archived with more focus/zoom on the lady.. on the start of the bars shit spits! i don't like that the scenes switch and their shown in the "rapping position" on last word (backing). didn't formulate very good but i think you know what i mean.. The attack sotospeak. Overall this would benefit from more intense movement like stated before. with camera, and by actors. good job anyways, just some thoughts

I have no sound on the PC i'm using so based off just the video:
Would have liked to see more animation when it cut to just you two, the girl on the right was literally just staring off at one point which disconnected me a bit.
Less cut scenes but maybe longer length and make them all one contrast or something.

I'm not making music videos for my shit yet but this is my opinion, peace.

Edit: Bit of camera shake or something also when on the two ladies would have looked cool.

Last edited:
Word, nice work. The editing could be more better.. It seemed a bit uninteresting when the ladies both stood there in the start, confusing as to who was rappin, should be more obvious. Archived with more focus/zoom on the lady.. on the start of the bars shit spits! i don't like that the scenes switch and their shown in the "rapping position" on last word (backing). didn't formulate very good but i think you know what i mean.. The attack sotospeak. Overall this would benefit from more intense movement like stated before. with camera, and by actors. good job anyways, just some thoughts

Good feedback, so maybe more close up scenes on the artist on the performance scene instead of the wide shot with them both?

The Wide shot isn't a bad idea, i just think the editing and how everything worked together in editing could be done better. Im not an expert, but yes maybe more closeups would benefit. The wideshot with them both could be the main frame actually, i just think it got kinda boring to the eye.

Hi I like it. Well put together. Obviously well thought through. Just a few focus issues maybe.

Back