Canon,len,software budget setup-help me out

Do u have a way to gain it back? weather it be itunes, albums, shows ect...

yeah...but music sales aren't even close to guaranteed to make money...ESPECIALLY to make money BACK AND then some...

investing in the first place is a risk...especially when it's thousands of dollars...

all good and all .. i mean dont get me wrong at all but an investment is suppose to make ur money back plus more so i guess my question is Do u have a way to gain it back? weather it be itunes, albums, shows ect... BUT hey maybe u have the dough and can do that with out making a return if so NICE STUFF haha

I live in Central Cali and NO one does video production here, thinking this we thought easy market to corner... only problem is that there aint a market haha so we have to travel a bit to the bay area, Los angeles, etc..

Your in Modesto right? I'm trying to get out of The Bay myself. Too many people out here doing it.

yeah...but music sales aren't even close to guaranteed to make money...ESPECIALLY to make money BACK AND then some...

investing in the first place is a risk...especially when it's thousands of dollars...

Oh i know haha well cus the first way to make it back is by getting business outside ur own projects ... but he didnt seem interested in that so thats why i asked.

I do know tho that the christian community is very tight and they support each other so getting other gigs for other christian artist might not be too difficult.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Your in Modesto right? I'm trying to get out of The Bay myself. Too many people out here doing it.

Yeah, oh yes its very saturated haha but then again theres still only a handful of actual good watchable production companies so i guess just keep pushing right? LA is nice tho haha Reno, Sac, Vegas, along with the rest of the valley.

Yeah, oh yes its very saturated haha but then again theres still only a handful of actual good watchable production companies so i guess just keep pushing right? LA is nice tho haha Reno, Sac, Vegas, along with the rest of the valley.

True, problem is too many people are making mediocre stuff for hardly any money. Cats in the bay don't want to spend 1-3k to pay for minor equipment rentals and maybe a small crew because "joe blow productions" will do the whole video for $200.

So you have a big gap of production going on in videos out here where the only difference is maybe a 1k to get something done 10x better than hiring a guy off the street with a camera.

The other issue is doing vids for music I like. Hard to spend hours working on something I'm not really interested in.

But I've seen your work before....you guys are dope. Next time your in the bay you should let me know I'd come check you guys out.

True, problem is too many people are making mediocre stuff for hardly any money. Cats in the bay don't want to spend 1-3k to pay for minor equipment rentals and maybe a small crew because "joe blow productions" will do the whole video for $200.

So you have a big gap of production going on in videos out here where the only difference is maybe a 1k to get something done 10x better than hiring a guy off the street with a camera.

The other issue is doing vids for music I like. Hard to spend hours working on something I'm not really interested in.

But I've seen your work before....you guys are dope. Next time your in the bay you should let me know I'd come check you guys out.

Dude i couldnt agree more with you! me and my business partner have used the term Joe blow productions before HAHAHA yeah i mean i ran into that problem editing a video of a song that i didnt like and having to listen to it 100s of times haha

i have seen 3 ppl in just this post alone who have "labels"? is this in theory or are there really 7 billion record labels out there now.

there's really 7.2 billion labels hahaha

i believe it...

anyone that has a mic, audio interface & audio / video software & records / releases (or shares) music and / or videos to the public can consider themselves a "label" (generally speaking).

"Christians Only", huh?

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

is that how Jesus got down back in the day? Christians only?

(wrong thread, but just curious)

CHRISTIAN SPREAD THE GOSPEL!!!! lead by the holy spirit.. because it's not us but him.. Yeshua baby!!!!!
yes this is a christian label.. no secular music..
no club bangers. booty bounce mess.
no smoke weed, drink this
no that lame "Jesus walks"

check this ppl out for reference sir

I hope this will clear this out
christian make christian music.. :sing:
ungodly ppl make ungodly music period
one song to God on your album is not enough
one song thanking God next song talking about robbing,picking up chicks at the bar..yes there are many hpyocrites....stay in prayer FAITH WALKERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0qvCcwyDoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCdSWc6BBTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVT5MDmZ3wM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35iRA37TqgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD-hZTgp58U&a=GxdCwVVULXcj2RcXHoeG2ESw7L9XoNh0&playnext=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJac6MG0qTA&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MllhC0qyEjY

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

all good and all .. i mean dont get me wrong at all but an investment is suppose to make ur money back plus more so i guess my question is Do u have a way to gain it back? weather it be itunes, albums, shows ect... BUT hey maybe u have the dough and can do that with out making a return if so NICE STUFF haha

I live in Central Cali and NO one does video production here, thinking this we thought easy market to corner... only problem is that there aint a market haha so we have to travel a bit to the bay area, Los angeles, etc..

my plan is to make my ywo artist album have ppl vote on 1min sniplets of each song coose their favorite two song sniplets
those songs will be mastered and have video made for them
I person can download the single for $1.oo or they can download the single and the video for $2.oo

oh and I talk to my wife here in dowtown Omaha we have this place called the Old Market high class hotels, shops,resturants, amazing parks, major events for the city held in the area..
ppl are always taking pictures because of the beauty down there..
but alot of ppl have low class digital camera,camera phones stuff like that
I told her we can use the camera in the spring,summer(mostly)early Fall to charge ppl $5 per picture using the camera(have to buy a bigger flash) and a portable printer
going to do some research on how much gloss paper,ink, and a portable printer will cost
and see if I can keep the price at $5 and make my money back and some extra

overtime I can make my money back
also I plan on making singles for other christian artists in my area and video too
sharing 50/50 profit from download from our site
I'm getting a amazing deal on a server built for me from a Brother in Christ....

but it's not really about the money with us it's about being able to use the equipment we buy to do our mission which is
TAKING IT TO THE STREETS(the gospel) CAMPAIGN

Last edited:
i believe it...

anyone that has a mic, audio interface & audio / video software & records / releases (or shares) music and / or videos to the public can consider themselves a "label" (generally speaking).

that's certainly true sir.. that's why I have a very detail business plan,mission statement,budget, realistic goals
I have listed ten cities in the midwest along with stores(mom and pops) including some small retail stores where I think I could place my products
I even have in my budget buying a another Mini-van and get my logo painted all over it.. it's going to be sick (lol I know mini-van functional and cheap lol)
still picking out my colors though
have to use the same colors so you can brand yourself..
so ppl recongize you soon as they see you
detailed the things I want my website to accomplish,

discmakers has some great products for promotion also that I will be utilizing....
I learned tons of stuff from the marketing classes, and business classes I have took in the last two year.. only have a associate degree..so I'm good for now
can get my bachelor degree in one year from Bellevue College here in Omaha nationally accreditted tons of professional teach there and attend classes there

but back to my original post ...
what are you guys camera setup(lighting,lens,software,asserories) please list and I'll research thanks again fam...

as for the original question -- an excellent green-screening software package, and not very expensive either, is by fxhome, called composite lab pro -- google it

Back