buddy and i's first music video for "Dead Presidents" remix

halfandhalf

Hey all, my buddy and I (we call ourselves Half and Half) did a newschool remix of the song "Dead Presidents" a while back, and it got some really good feedback, so we decided to shoot a music video for it with another buddy of mine who's planning on going to college for video production (this was his first video). We're all 17 years old, not pro by any means, but let me know what you think of it.
By the way, Half and Half = Sean Meier [me] (music producer/"sound engineer"/occasional rapper/singer) + my buddy (rapper/singer). I'm the white kid just fooling around in the video, and my buddy is the mulatto kid rapping. For some reason, youtube overly compressed the sound, so if you want to hear a higher quality version of it, our soundcloud page is SoundCloud .
Again, we're young, and just making do with what we've got in a basement recording set up, so don't go too rough on us. Any constructive suggestions would be extremely appreciated, especially from any sound engineers about the production and mixing aspect, which I did myself, and would definitely like to learn more about because I haven't really been able to figure out how to get vocals to sit well in a mix.
Hope you dig the vid!

Peace!

Last edited:
Back