beginning to make music videos

krazyk

Money Over All
I would like to learn how to make music videos. I've done minor editing but quality wasn't so good. I really like Sony Vegas on pc but since I have a mac I got Final Cut. I have a Sony Handycam. Can anyone give any tips, recommend good affordable hd cameras and maybe angles n ideas?

What is your budget?

Final Cut Pro is great. I would get a tripod stand. I don't know much about the different cameras, I've used mainly the Sony HDV and that's what I'm going to buy.

In terms of angles, unless you have camera A and camera B, its going to be hard to get a complete reverse angle without continuity issues, depending on your content but not impossible. You should probably read some books on photography theory for ideas on framing, lines of view, light, colour etc

Most of it comes as second nature to a good cameraperson. Editing isn't too hard. If you get some footage and you're using Final Cut, I will take a look if you like and try an edit myself.

Under $500..ill play wit it...thanks

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

I really gotta play wit it. I just tried to use it and it confusing. I keep getting a frame warning and my clips dnt have any audio...

Under $500..ill play wit it...thanks

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

I really gotta play wit it. I just tried to use it and it confusing. I keep getting a frame warning and my clips dnt have any audio...

No audio at all or audio tracks with 0 content?

Because if there's a green block at all, it will still move out of sync. Press move in sync and see what happens.

If there is an empty audio track you don't want you can delete it. There are three buttons which are like the snap, link selection buttons at the top right of the track window. If you press, I think, the middle one (hover over it, should say link selection) and press that you can move the audio away from the video.

I'm still playing with it too, I don't know it as well as FL. Most annoying thing is rendering. Why the **** can't it do reverb in realtime like a DAW? lol :(

No audio at all or audio tracks with 0 content?

Because if there's a green block at all, it will still move out of sync. Press move in sync and see what happens.

If there is an empty audio track you don't want you can delete it. There are three buttons which are like the snap, link selection buttons at the top right of the track window. If you press, I think, the middle one (hover over it, should say link selection) and press that you can move the audio away from the video.

I'm still playing with it too, I don't know it as well as FL. Most annoying thing is rendering. Why the **** can't it do reverb in realtime like a DAW? lol :(

No sound when I upload my clips from my camcorder. Ill play around some more lol

Are you going from a card to USB?

When you playback on the camera you definitely have sound?

What about when you play back in Quicktime?

Im using a m audio fast track pro ad my interface

I can hear sound on my cam but nothing in QuickTime. If I convert in mpeg streamclip there's an option for mpeg w/ audio n it works but not compatible in fcp

You don't use the log and capture method within FCP...

So don't you just transfer the files from your card in your cam to hard disk?

Not sure..
I honestly jus want a new camcorder..any recommendations? I prefer something that is hd and can take pictures too under $600

Back