Advice wanted for music videos!

W

WillTrestarian

A friend of mine has asked me to help her make some cool and interesting music videos for her songs and I just wanted to know what people thought of them and if they had any suggestions for how we could improve?
She wants me to make something really memorable which I definitely haven't done yet so I'd love to get some advice and get my creative juices flowing.
Here's one we uploaded the other day, what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah this is not bad you know! However, if your looking for some constructive criticisms I got a few :)

* Firstly I would say that on a few occasions the camera seems a bit too shaky, I personally would choose just the smoothest shots.

* All the shots are just casual in the studio type shots which is cool, but if it was me I would have at least one scene of the artist performing the song 'properly', like in her own space with some nice lighting etc, it would make a nice contrast and make the video seem a lot more pro.

* Have you thought about using 'transitions'? This is more just a suggestion if anything, I don't think you need it that much but most of your footage is just straight cuts, perhaps try more crossfading or transitions (like spinning & drop downs to the next shot) and this could make for more of a interesting and pro feel..

Non the less good job, and I hope you find this helpful,

Al

Back