Are You Hoarding Your Beats?

seveneleven247

I've seen a huge trend in the online production business where more and more producers are taking the exclusive rights option out of their beat stores(I'm included).

The idea is that you can keep leasing out your most popular beats over and over.
But does this cause complacency in producers?

Read More: Should We Be Hoarding Our Beats?

Last edited:
Good question! I like the idea of leasing popular beats as long as you're still creating and actually selling others. That may help remove the complacency aspect.

Good question! I like the idea of leasing popular beats as long as you're still creating and actually selling others. That may help remove the complacency aspect.

If you can find that balance, then more power to you man. But I think a lot of people have a problem balancing long-term. That's why I had to adjust my strategy.

Producers are getting smarter. We advise on our blog to reserve your beats with exclusive rights for artists with a budget (signed with distribution and royalties).

You give away everything with exclusive rights. I (as an artist), could literally buy exclusive beats for next to nothing and use my network access to re-sell for major profit, pub deals, etc. Producers got to wise up and use discretion when selling exclusive rights.

Some may call it hoarding, we just call it smart business.

Producers are getting smarter. We advise on our blog to reserve your beats with exclusive rights for artists with a budget (signed with distribution and royalties).

You give away everything with exclusive rights. I (as an artist), could literally buy exclusive beats for next to nothing and use my network access to re-sell for major profit, pub deals, etc. Producers got to wise up and use discretion when selling exclusive rights.

Some may call it hoarding, we just call it smart business.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with keeping your beats for major companies and artists, but for people just starting, I wouldn't recommend it. Neither way is wrong, I'm just experimenting with lightening up on my exclusive beats. It could be a horrible idea, but I'm still testing it for theory's sake. That's the whole point of my blog in the first place.

Back