Yamaha HS5 v/s HS7 v/s HS8

M

mkamsi

Today I was there at a Music Store. I am in search of good studio monitors, I compared several one and at last , the biggest competitors at a good price range those were KRK Rokit Vs Yamaha. And I didn't like KRKs. Now I am about to buy Yamahas, but m confused between HS5,7 & 8 because I was hearing different quality from them, may be due to no soundproofing/non-reflector environment there.

Can anyone tell me which one to choose ?

Thanks in advance

The 5 inch would only give you enough true lower frequency representation with a subwoofer.
8 inch would probably give you the truest lower frequency representation. That's the one that'll be most dependent on room acoustics as well.
I myself had to make a choice in that department as well. I chose the slightly more expensive Focal Alpha 80. Will be buying them end of may. Supposedly, a big step up from the price range of the Yams and others.
Did you check out the JBL 308 and the Mackie mr8? Those were some others in that price range I was looking at.

The 5 inch would only give you enough true lower frequency representation with a subwoofer.
8 inch would probably give you the truest lower frequency representation. That's the one that'll be most dependent on room acoustics as well.
I myself had to make a choice in that department as well. I chose the slightly more expensive Focal Alpha 80. Will be buying them end of may. Supposedly, a big step up from the price range of the Yams and others.
Did you check out the JBL 308 and the Mackie mr8? Those were some others in that price range I was looking at.

Thanx bro
yeah I checked the Mackie one, but there was too much low frequencies in those , even more than KRK's rokit 6 .

The guy at the store told me to buy HS5 if I don't have a big room and HS8 if I have a really big room. Is that right ?
Or the only difference is in the lower frequencies of HS5 and HS8 ?

Thanx in advance

I have the HS-7's in my attic room... They trounced the HS-5's & the KRK RP's during my in-store test.
The HS-8's were out of my budget (if it weren't for the big discount the store gave me the HS-7's would've been too!) so weren't an option.

They're good. Honest. Have enough bass response for the size of my room. Most importantly my mixes began to translate better on other systems pretty quickly once I started using them. I rate them.
If you have a big room 8" drivers will undoubtably be better but for a small/normal sized room they'll do the job!

Hey!
Are you still looking for monitors? If yes, try to find some JBL LSR 305s to listen to - in my opinion they are a steal for this price. I was listening to the HS-5's, KRK Rokit 5 (which I didn't like at all due to the weird bass response) and the JBL 305, which i went for in the end. The high frequencys on both the HS-5's and JBL's were very nice and crisp, but with the amazing bass response of the JBL's in addition with the lower pricepoint, I bought them. Have them since 4 months and I love them!

I hope I was able to help you with your choice! :)
Artless Venture

Back