Writing a speech about music scene or music in general? Help & Ideas needed

_r19

Hey!
So I need to write a speech about a changing world or what not. Basically I was thinking of combining it with music or music scene or something to bring something different to the table.
However I currently don't have much ideas on what exactly to talk about in the speech.
Basically the speech should be 5-10 minutes max.

So any help is appreciated! :)

Is the purpose of what you are doing in an academic context e.g. are you in High School, College, or University?

For music you can talk about scenes, which can be separated into local, regional, international, and national

You can focus on online communities e.g. forums for specific genres and/or interests

You can focus on indie and/or major labels and their biz structure(s)

Commercial and/or Internet radio

Genres and subgenres

Sexism and how women are treated different than men in the music industry

Racism (and other specific isms in the industry e.g. heterosexism, heteronormativism, lesbianism, homoeroticism, etc.)

Last edited:
Yeah it has kind of an academic purpose, i'm in high school :D

Anyways I think I will try to focus on the global commercialization of music and what effects it has had. Maybe touch ghost production since it's somewhat in the same region.

And then in the end pretty much tell them to listen more indie stuff and share it if they really like it because it helps out upandcoming artists out a lot.

If you have any tips/quotes/ideas that I could include in the speech be sure to share them :)

Back