Which would you prefer to have, Maschine MKII or Ableton Push?

• Total voters

ProducerJC

IndieHost

Now that I've got access to a vast amount of music making tools and resources, it's time to add a new component or two to my DAW. I've already acquired Reason 7 and it's great, however, I want to try something new. If I decide to get the Push, Ableton Suite will be on the receipt too. After all, why settle for what comes in the box. This means learning a new software platform, also the case should I decide to get a Maschine MKII with Komplete Ultimate. Tell me what you think, which would you?

Last edited:
I will rather buy maschine with Komplete, because machine is (at least for me) on of the best controllers and I dream of having it one day, you can do so much things with it and Komplete is awesome with all the instrument and synths and I think that you don't need any other VST if you have Komplete. But maybe ableton push and live will be better if you are making EDM or similar.

both look good.the 64 pad thing looked like overkill at first but then it's just 4 mpcs in one layout.My only lasko with the push is the button size.would've felt betta if the pads were the size of the traditionals.
then again i got used to touch phone typing so i guess it cant be that bad lol.

the worlkflow of midi is getting to a point where it's as good as mousing in my opinion.doesn't feel the same anymore(in a good way)wish i found pads sooner :/

Leaning toward getting the Push, I've some across Push w/ Suite for a ridiculous deal. Plus, I'm getting antsy about making beats again. Especially right now, Reason 7 and MX49 issues; lucky for me, Reason was a gift from Propellerheads. Either way, I need a tolerable workflow to make beats with; you know?

Last edited:
although the only thing i gots at the moment is an mpd18 modded, i'd give the push a shot.i have a feeling i would like the maschine better but i dunno about the push.

but ill worry about these two later, im focused on locating a automation controller slider mechanism at the moment, practicing making stuff in realtime, semi seriousness.

behringer knob thing, im gunning after that in a month because it's midi automation, cant get it now because ive already just bough a korg padkontrol (mpd18...i dont know what ima do to it once the korg comes,might give it fat pads sometime)

Behringer B Control BCR2000

behringer knob thing, im gunning after that in a month because it's midi automation, cant get it now because ive already just bough a korg padkontrol (mpd18...i dont know what ima do to it once the korg comes,might give it fat pads sometime)

Are you talking about the Behringer B Control BCR2000? If so, i may be able to help you get a new one sooner. PM or email me if you're interested and we'll talk about it, I help people around the country get gear all the time; especially FP members!

After speaking with a few trusted sources, I've decided to get Ableton Push and Live 9 Suite! The deal I've come across is ridiculous, I'd be foolish to pass it up ($300 for legit software and a brand new Push w/ carrying bag). I was considering Machine with Komplete Ultimate 9 until I learned the Komplete works fine with Ableton Live 9. Also, as a producer with audio engineering experience, it just makes more sense to start using Push with Live 9. Producing, Performing and Engineering seems more powerful in these areas with Ableton Live 9.

I'd still like to get your feedback FP, the money hasn't exchanged hands yet. Which would your prefer: Ableton Push w/ Live 9 Suite or Machine w/ Komplete 9 Ultimate?

Last edited:
yeah i cant get that knob one till either next or two months from now.long story short, dad got jook mad when he saw the korg pk come in the mail cuz he told me not to get it yet :/

he let me keep it though, ill let ya know if i cant find any behringers

not sure where you are getting a legit version of ableton & a push for $300, but ill let that go.

I use both, I have a Push in my studio and my buddy has maschine. They're essentially the same thing if they just have different ways of reaching their end goal. Maschine software is essentially supposed to be a DAW, but most people don't use it that way so you end up dragging your work from maschine into another. (ableton/logic/etc). Push is set up to work the same way its integrated into live.. I love the fact that you can have the 16 pads at the bottom left with the 32 at the top running as x0x type sequencers and you can use them both at the same time. Push also automaps to all the parameters of live's built in effects and synths so you can manipulate them, and it uses endless encoders.

a lot of other stuff also but yeah in my opinion I like push better, but maschine is a bit more immediate only because of the vast sound library that it comes with.

Are you talking about the Behringer B Control BCR2000? If so, i may be able to help you get a new one sooner. PM or email me if you're interested and we'll talk about it, I help people around the country get gear all the time; especially FP members!

After speaking with a few trusted sources, I've decided to get Ableton Push and Live 9 Suite! The deal I've come across is ridiculous, I'd be foolish to pass it up ($300 for legit software and a brand new Push w/ carrying bag). I was considering Machine with Komplete Ultimate 9 until I learned the Komplete works fine with Ableton Live 9. Also, as a producer with audio engineering experience, it just makes more sense to start using Push with Live 9. Producing, Performing and Engineering seems more powerful in these areas with Ableton Live 9.

I'd still like to get your feedback FP, the money hasn't exchanged hands yet. Which would your prefer: Ableton Push w/ Live 9 Suite or Machine w/ Komplete 9 Ultimate?

Back