would this laptop be able to run music software

charlie morgan

Would the this laptop be able to run music software such as Reason 7, Cubase 7.5 and at a push maybe Ableton?
here are the specs of the laptop

• AMD A8 A8-7410 APU quad core processor.
  • 2.2GHz processor speed.
  • 8GB RAM.
  • 1TB SATA hard drive

Yes, though I would advise 16gb ram and an Intel processor if you can. Read up on min specs from the developers

It's kinda hard to say because it depends on how many vsts you use (and which ones) on your productions and how complex your music is. If its basic I am pretty sure that would be enough. You can always render out wavs to conserve cpu but I hate doing that.

I've made songs on a cpu that is way more inferior than that. It was a pain, but there are plenty of ways to work around the limitations when the need arises.

I've made songs on a cpu that is way more inferior than that. It was a pain, but there are plenty of ways to work around the limitations when the need arises.

Yep, no modern computer is gonna be a real obstacle for making music. You might not be able to run huge instance counts, but they'll more or less run anything, up to a point.

That said - that CPU is a bit on the shabby side. It's like a lame i5. Could be worse, but also could be a lot better.

I'm running an i3 laptop. Before that a core duo2... The i3 runs without a hitch and the core duo2 only had problems when running lots of VSTs...

Back