Working on Drums

C

cheddarboi

Sup guys i would like to know how i can advance in my drum arrangement,my drums sounds a too amateur and this really frustrates me when i see videos where they have like 15 drums in one beat but i can only go with only four using a kick,hi-hat,snare and clap.I be thinking maybe i dont have that good drum kits.I need advice on drums and yea i use fl studio 10.Thankz

bongos, congos, or any percussion instrument. I normally just play around with creating drums until my light bub turns on.

So, first, you need to take things one step at a time.

lay down your kick, your snare and your hats.

Add your crash cymbals and ride cymbals where you think they will work

Add fills from toms

Now think of other percussion to use. the key to adding additional percussion is that it does not need to be sounding all the time nor does it need to play the same insistent pattern all the time - you can mix it up to provide contrast:

Shakers: maracas, shekere, eggs,

Scrapers: guiro, merengue shaker/guiro

Cowbells: cowbell, agogo bells

Tambourine

Congas: different sizes and usually have different roles

Bongos

Timbales - a drum and cowbell set where playing the shell is as important as playing the head of the drum

Many more besides

Do some research into perucssion instruments and the normal rhythms and patterns associated with them in different styles

bongos, congos, or any percussion instrument. I normally just play around with creating drums until my light bub turns on.

Congo is a part of the name of a few countries in Africa, as well as a river system in the same region. The conga is a type of drum from South America

You can make great drum tracks with just the simple things you mentioned, just work on layering and not repeating the same pattern over and over again. Learn about drops, transitions and breaks and youll see how much they can make a difference.

As BeatGenerals said, adding more and more instruments does not always work in your favor. Some of the best beats in the industry use just the kick snare and hi hat. Delve deeper into what you can do with a super simple kick snare, kick snare. Figure out the essential nature of the beat you want, then add some little flourishes for variety.

Back