Why the hate on Dubturbo/Sonic Producer/etc.?

CDotF

Rapper Slash Producer
Aside from the fact that the internet is littered with fake reviews for it, and that they act like 16 tracks and a 4-octave keyboard is a mind-blowing feature... What exactly is it that's so bad about Dubturbo?

For the record, I've never tried it or any of those programs, and I'm not about to drop $40 or whatever it costs to find out lol. I'm just genuinely curious as to why it's actually shitted on a lot by "actual producers."

Because they are obviously a bad attempt at scamming money out of gullible people.

There are lots of lies in the way they are advertised, and they are badly programmed pieces of software.

For example the whole thing about "using wav, unlike other DAWs" is complete horseshit as most modern DAWs do infact export to Wav. Also how the advertisements tell people they will be making superhot beatZzzZ in seconds with it is really dumb, it takes years of practice to become a good producer.

Can you explain to me why is it a scam? Is it bad for newbies as well?

Honestly.... I don't even see people talking about it enough to call it "hate".

People hate on FL Studio and Reason lol. I don't see any "hate" on this topic...

The only mentioning I see it get are from people who sell it themselves and start threads talking about "why are people hating on DubTurbo". Then they have a link in your signature for it.

Its a crap program. If your serious about music then you should learn to use a program that can get you at the level of professionals. This thing will never get you to that level. As much as some people dont like certain DAWs for whatever reason, most people cannot argue with the fact that some people make some really good music with those programs. NO ONE makes good music with this crap. And i doubt anyone ever will.

The software isn't really that great. You can get much better for that price, coupled with about $100 or more bucks. If someone is really serious about production they'd get serious tools. I don't think waiting an extra few months or so to save up the extra money for the real tools will hurt much.

Tell me this, If you want to be a mechanic, would you go out and buy a set of Fisher Price mechanic tools for kids or go out and buy a set of Craftsman tools that will are for REAL mechanics? Yes, the price may be steeper but the quality is much better.

Dubturbo is really bad. Im waiting on a refund now and they even tried to give me some stupid upgrade to get more junk…60 day money back guarantee..it was worth it, cause now i can say its total garbage

You can get fl on eBay for 45 bucks

Yeah, but is it legit and does it come with the lifetime FREE updates. That would be the problem. If it doesn't come with the free updates as newer versions come out it will begin to become obsolete.

I mean there are people that still use FL 6, but with the legit version they always have that option of upgrading to better features.

Yeah, but is it legit and does it come with the lifetime FREE updates. That would be the problem. If it doesn't come with the free updates as newer versions come out it will begin to become obsolete.

I mean there are people that still use FL 6, but with the legit version they always have that option of upgrading to better features.

Have you used this program? It ONLY has sharp stabs and very, very limited editing capabilities..The sounds that is default are not that good..

When i complained about the limited features, the OWNER said that this was made as a middle man for finishing a project in a real DAW..Its a waste of time to use this program and the website is a total Mind f***..looks like im on an info-mercial

Have you used this program? It ONLY has sharp stabs and very, very limited editing capabilities..The sounds that is default are not that good..

When i complained about the limited features, the OWNER said that this was made as a middle man for finishing a project in a real DAW..Its a waste of time to use this program and the website is a total Mind f***..looks like im on an info-mercial

Lol. No I use FL. But DubTurbo looks sh*tty. I didn't buy into it with all the hype and fake reviews when I first saw it. Anything that needs that much hype around it is most likely a pile of rattlesnake dung with a few exceptions.

People say FL isn't much better but compared to DubTurbo I think FL is a ferrari compared to that hoopty. Lol. I hope you get your money back.

Lol. No I use FL. But DubTurbo looks sh*tty. I didn't buy into it with all the hype and fake reviews when I first saw it. Anything that needs that much hype around it is most likely a pile of rattlesnake dung with a few exceptions.

People say FL isn't much better but compared to DubTurbo I think FL is a ferrari compared to that hoopty. Lol. I hope you get your money back.

FL is a powerhouse compared to it..i am getting my money back, no worries on that:) Yea, the promo for it is pretty hyped..a little scary if not very overwhelming..

FL is a powerhouse compared to it..i am getting my money back, no worries on that:) Yea, the promo for it is pretty hyped..a little scary if not very overwhelming..

FL studio is a REAL DAW. And for its actually a decent bargain considering the unlimited updates and VST support. there are big names out there that actually still use it. You can do alot of stuff in FL. I personally prefer propellerhead reason because of the stability and i think its easier to use. But theres no reason why someone cant squeeze something decent out of FL.

This thing on the other hand is just crap. Complete waste of time and money.

FL studio is a REAL DAW. And for its actually a decent bargain considering the unlimited updates and VST support. there are big names out there that actually still use it. You can do alot of stuff in FL. I personally prefer propellerhead reason because of the stability and i think its easier to use. But theres no reason why someone cant squeeze something decent out of FL.

This thing on the other hand is just crap. Complete waste of time and money.

I tried using Reason but I didnt much care for the layout of it plus Im a big VST fan. I stuck with FL because of it's layout and easy learning curve. Plus, Im a very big visual person so it's always had a visual aspect about it that Ive always liked over Reason.

All DubTurbo is, is a marketing scam. Anybody that studies marketing will know that its just an affiliate product for people to scam out the hip hop community since things are becoming more and more indie and home based. It's quite pathetic I believe.

All DubTurbo is, is a marketing scam. Anybody that studies marketing will know that its just an affiliate product for people to scam out the hip hop community since things are becoming more and more indie and home based. It's quite pathetic I believe.

I'm fairly sure anyone with an IQ over 60 should be able to figure that out.

I'm fairly sure anyone with an IQ over 60 should be able to figure that out.

Not necessarily, there are tons of people that have been suckered into buying that sh*tty thing. Lol. Some of them smart but are novices and confused by all the hype, and some.... well not so smart. Haha :)

Krushing your awesome, just thought Id say that!! :)

Dubturbo maybe the new Fruity Loops and may become the new FL Studio in 5 year lol...
if the programmer of the software is serious????????????????????????????????

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

I usually tell people that its not the software that you use that makes your music sound better....but I would advise staying away from Dubturbo/Sonic Producer just from the fact that you will have a hard time finding any serious producers using it. You will have a hard time learning a new program by yourself.

Well, the whole thing is pretty obviously created not for the sake of music but to cash in on the "everybody wants to be a producer" trend, nothing more.

Back