Why does the sound of my melodies sound different on computer speakers than headphone

BeatBassBanger

I was constructing a melody last night and it sounded decent, in my headphones my ATH m50x they bass sounded good and was bumping, so was the melody.

When I played it, it sounded limp. Now I know there will be a difference in sound due to the speakers, but how do I know what my song would really sound like if it went on the radio or youtube etc?

I was constructing a melody last night and it sounded decent, in my headphones my ATH m50x they bass sounded good and was bumping, so was the melody.

When I played it, it sounded limp. Now I know there will be a difference in sound due to the speakers, but how do I know what my song would really sound like if it went on the radio or youtube etc?

That is what monitor speakers are for, to give you the closest true reflection of what the music actually sounds like. What do you mean by "limp"? Compare your tracks with industry tracks in the same headphones and make notes of the differences. I would really only mix on headphones you trust that you know how the sound translates to external speakers. You should post the melody so we can check it out!

Monitors will help as stated above but also just testing the mix on a couple different systems will help. Play it in the car, play it on your phone, different headphones etc.

I can only repeat the previous posts, a lot of professional producers have a variaty of speakers in their studio, from high end speakers that cost more than a small car up to crapy computer speakers or even the simple smartphone, since the smartphone is the new everyone´s best friend and so many "casual" people listen through their smartphone, it´s so important to check your music with that tiny little smartphone speaker as well

Weird. I'll ask him what's that about, he used to be a long-time member here...
I checked google and other safe URL checkers, the studio site is absolutely clean, as it always has been...

I see the warning too when clicking on the link right from this page, but it seems the FP forum engine doesn't like the fact that the URL for the original headphone article is being redirected via htaccess to it's URL location on the new studio site (the site architecture was updated about 3 months ago with all previous URLs being moved to new pages).

The new URL for the headphone article is here >>> Whad?ya Mean I Can?t Mix With Headphones????

FOLLOW-UP
Seems like the culprit is the FP site itself. Even my new URL is being shown as
Code:
"https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/redirect-to/?redirect=http://bluebearsound.com/whadya-mean-i-cant-mix-with-headphones/"
Browsers likely won't like seeing the "/redirect-to/?redirect" in the link, and it's probably producing a false positive on the malware warning....

My links are on many other forum sites and none of those have reported the issue (unless this is a brand new thing with phpBB forum engine!)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thanks for reporting this. Indeed, FP was treating external links strangely, so that, while the external links were for safe sites, the redirection treatment caused suspicions in the eyes of google/firefox.

I found out why external links were treated in such a manner and have made the necessary changes.

You should have no more issues navigating FP or clicking on the external links. For example, this thread, which previously contained links that produced warnings, is considered to be entirely safe.

However, if you use the link posted by Blue Bear Sound above, i.e. the link with the automated FP redirect, you'll notice a warning.

Now that the redirect issue has been taken care of, there should be no more issues or warnings moving forward.

Please don't hesitate to let the moderators or myself know directly if you still notice any warnings from external links.

Thanks again, guys!

-Armon, admin

Back