Why do you produce music?

Vincent-G

OK, so in an industry that's hard to break i ask? Why do you produce music? Is it for the love of music? A hobby or are you shooting for the stars in the hope you'll break the industry? I ask this because 10 years ago i was pretty successful and managed to get some radio play's and some big DJ sets in the UK and Ibiza but the more i leant about the industry, promoters etc the more i lost interest and started to hate the music industry.

Along story short, i had a family settled down and now looking to " only produce music " After a 10 year absent.

The thing i find hard is, i just want to make music for me!! I'm always wanting better and bigger but i don't want that. At the age of 34 i want to make music as a hobby in my little back room and share it with like minded people. So i ask? why do you make music???? What are your goals ????​

Last edited:
I make it cause it a lot of fun. And I'll probably make music and produce for as long as I live. ha, it's just who I am I guess. It's what I do.

I make music because growing up and even today, rap music is one of the most important things in my life. I make music that reflects certain periods in my life, mostly sampled R&B, because that's what I'm nostalgic for and love, even if it's not exactly in style right now. It's classic.

i love creating its addicting aint nothing like having the freedom to make what u want and having people vibe to it is a cool perk thats why i do it

I still do it because of modular systems, synthesis and sound design/composition.
Back then, it was just because beatmaking was fun till bout 2012 when I came across Propellerhead.
Some extra stuff like music theory became fun also, reading sheet and learning the scales In my spare time made me think about it differently as well when it came to sequencing.

Beethoven was composing when he was only 11, and I'm already older than that, so I figure I got a lot of catching up to do. hahah jk I just do it because I love to make music and have been really astounded by music my whole entire life. I pretty much express myself through music and the arts so I just think I should keep on doing it lol. Music is the best thing in the world. Well that and food.

Breaking in to the industry is overrated. I would never sign a contact with a big label. I want my creative freedom, you can make a living regardless if you work and advertise yourself good enough. There is never a shortage of rappers, and your songs can get placements on video games, TV shows ETC. The internet, Soundcloud, Youtube has helped tremendously

I get agitated, argumentative, and generally unhappy when I don't get enough studio time in.
Making music is preventative therapy for me.

I produce/listen music cuz is what i love and what inspires me to live , thats how important music is to me.

I think most people produce to find solace after a hard day at work or because you have this energy inside of you that needs to be express in someway or another.

I do it because I've always loved music, singing, performing, keyboard instruments, computers, and working with others in the community. Producing is the best of all these pursuits because it lets me do as much or as little in any of them as I like. https://www.keyknack.com/music

hahah, just ask the government to print more lol. ...jk, we all know paper doesnt have any value. it's gold we want!!! (maybe paper if it's actually backed up by gold)

Last edited:
hahah, just ask the government to print more lol. ...jk, we all know paper doesnt have any value. it's gold we want!!! (maybe paper if it's actually backed up by gold)
So you are going to pay for groceries, gas, and coffee with gold? Yeah, lets see how that works. "Police, this guy is crazy". LMFAO!!!

Cryptocurrency will rule the day soon, so no worries.

Back