Why are clip launchers available only for a few daws?

KonKossKang

Ozagas
I guess it's because most people that like that kind of workflow have moved over to the DAWs that offer it natively. I'm not sure if this is just a separate loop player on top of Reaper or if it integrates more deeply into it, but that kind hacking into the core functionality of a DAW isn't probably very easy or legal - Reaper is more "open" than the big names in the sense that it's easy enough to expand by scripting.

I think that's the only thing separating digital drumpad from mpc[never used full mpc] mpc seem like after making a beat you can loop it like ableton and it'd record the bars itself without mouse. So if studio one had what reaper had then after making some drumbeats, a few simple riffs then just launching the patterns in realtime seems to be a misunderstood "it's only a dj thing" feature lol.

The clip based workflow works best works for performances, and some can argue for creative purposes as well. But remember the end user will listen to your song in a linear fashion, which is why most daws have a linear timeline.

Even in Ableton, the godfather of clip launchers, most opt to make their clips, play around to get some idea as to how they want to progress with their arrangement then drag the clips into the timeline.

Every daw has its own way of doing it, you just need to figure out how. In Pro Tools you'd just put on loop playback and select your clip > Play. It'll loop that loop, in other words launch/play only that clip.

Im sure every other daw has its own way of getting it done too.

no ableton/reaper/bitwig[I think]fl studio actually records the playing loop to the timeline it is amazing.
Reaper is a timeline based daw with a clip launcher and it works so amazing.

The long way will involve rewiring two daws [dont have to have a clip launcher example studio one/reason] and have to select each specific loop from the slave then it records into the master as an audio clip. That way is JUST FINE AS WELL BUT THE CLIP LAUNCHER has me thinking about studio one, cubase getting that mouseless linear sequencing method that actually works in a linear fashion even in clip based daws :O

Back