Who here is a frustrated producer

You just have to either accept it or find some other way to cope with it . Everyone gets in those times, the difference is how it's handled.

I'm pretty frustrated right now.
But it was definitely me that got her pregnant so I can't rightly grumble about not having much studiotime...
Luckily, I'm at a point where my stuff sounds good so even though my output is less I'm digging my own work...

It happens to the best of us. Honestly that's why TrapMotivation was made. Trap was my specialty so I wanted to make something that helped producers get out of their slumps. In doing that it kinda got me out of my own and I'm back to building a personal library of my "good stuff"

My frustration is i don't know how to complete these songs which is why i always start new ones. Theres just something missing. It becomes discouraging at times :4theloveofgod:

I've found that by the time I get done arranging and mixing a song and have it posted in the net, I'm already tired of it. Not 100% of the time, but that happens for most of my music. It may be due to me always finding something wrong with the mix after it's all up on social media shit, which is very annoying. A lot of times though my tracks are missing something, but you can't just sit around all day trying to figure out what it is when the world won't miss the song that you never posted anyway. Just take it for what it is and use it as motivation on your next song. If you're like me, once you have thought to have "finished" something. You never want to touch it again, as if the energy that was once in it has died. That's what it feels like for me at least. Getting off topic a bit, just speaking my mind is all. Good luck.

Yeah but not really - Just ask questions on this forum. I use to be frustrated but I come here a lot. The problem is sometimes we get so frustrated, we stop to seek help. Seeking help breaks through the frustration. Plus when you do find that beat or sound you were looking to put in your mix, THAT FEELING IS AWESOME!

Sometimes you will come across an obstacle in your music. Seek help, try to do something different. You even may have to do your whole flip from scratch so you can find a combination that work. Just don't give up ,and make awesome music for all of us!!

When it comes to the piano, yes. The hard stuff not the simple stuff.
The hard stuff being chord formulas, the simple stuff being riffs and scales.
The hard stuff being remembering all those names for chords forms too.
And chord progressions without mousing is really offputting :/

When it comes to the piano, yes. The hard stuff not the simple stuff.
The hard stuff being chord formulas, the simple stuff being riffs and scales.
The hard stuff being remembering all those names for chords forms too.
And chord progressions without mousing is really offputting :/

Play more with your ears less with your mind

If you can hum it, you can play it. but learning the theory crap makes it easier, but it's still slow process lol.
for example the 0-4-7 formula gives access to all major, unaugmented/diminished triads I think. then you got other formulas to find the other chords.

Using a mouse skips this process entirely, but some days I actually like it. Ear training is effective for chords that sound correct, but dissonants are hard to approximate. I wonder how long it'd take to learn the chromatic scale inside and out and recognize notes in a different order from the scales, that's the big one.

Your frustration, if persevered through, is the making of the better you.

When Thomas Edison 'failed' 10,000 times; trying to develop an incandescent light bulb, he saw those failed attempts as stepping stones, which pulled him closer to the answer.

Last edited:
"How do you know you are on your way to master something? When you occasionally meet Mr. Frustration along the way :)"

Vent away! Nothing good you want in life comes easy but you just have to keep at it. May just need some support/encouragement along the way. You'll get there in the end - persistence!

I see my frustrations as challenges needed to be completed. Example: I'm learning how to make EBM/Aggrotech/Hellektro. It draws much os 80's synthpop, techno, hardcore and trance. And it's been very difficult and frustrating because it's my first serious attempt at a 4-on-the-floor kind of music.
Yesterday I got frustrated with arpeggiation of the basslines. In the other hand but I got the kick and snare sounding just right for the genre.

So, basically, keep practicing until you have enough knowledge to make what's on your mind.

Back