Where would someone start selling beats?

the internets
-use an online distributor (distrokid, etc)
-bandcamp
-your own website
-a record label

sell on the street / at shows / your own shows

etc

Last edited:
I would recommend leveraging an online marketplace such as Beatstars,myflastore,soundclick but also build your own website and try to gain traffic from these marketplaces!!! Please let me know if this was helpful

MyFlashStore most likely seems like the reference in general...Beatstars has a cool place to work with also.

However it all depends on your "brand", marketing skills and general audience that you have amassed throughout the years. Offering an online beatstore to clients is a great way of generating sales, but if you do not have a solid foundation and client base, recurring sales won't happen that much.

Starting point is definitely one of the online ressources mentioned above, as well as building a great website, and then connecting with an audience, accumulating email addresses/contact information and then keeping these connections alive.

Its all work my friend, start grinding somehow, and then keep at it! :)

I recommend bandcamp, I think they only take about 9 cents out of every dollar you make. You earnings go straight to you via paypal. Never had a problem with it and keeps my bank happy.

Back