Where Can I find good session singers in London?

JAMESUK

Hey everyone,

I am in London, England and I want to record some demo songs at home and I just wanted to know where the best place is to find some good demo singers to record these songs?

It would also be great if I could find singers both male and female who can sing in the style of well known artists for example Usher, Rihanna or Chris Brown etc

Some of the indvidual session singers I have found on Google are charging £500 to record just one song and thats crazy and way out of my budget. So any tips on where I can find some good session/demo singers in London would be most welcome.

Many thanks.

You're just looking for **** buddies! Dont ya? £500 = more pricey than a hooker. A decent looking hooker will cost you no more than £300.

I'm just kiddin. Lol. :victory:

Why on earth pay £500 for a singer? Try gumtree or starnow. Post a ad. I'm sure you'll find one for free.

You're just looking for **** buddies! Dont ya? £500 = more pricey than a hooker. A decent looking hooker will cost you no more than £300.

I'm just kiddin. Lol. :victory:

Why on earth pay £500 for a singer? Try gumtree or starnow. Post a ad. I'm sure you'll find one for free.

Hey Cremo,

Yeah its crazy man! No wonder the urban scene is struggling in the UK. Too many wanna be`s who think they have made it before they have had any success. If they would charge reasonable rates then at least they would actually get some work.

And I hear you about the hooker prices too haha.

And yeah I have been looking on Starnow and Gumtree. I got quoted 400 to do four songs on Gumtree by a singer and thats way too much for someone who isnt even successful herself. For that money I want Mariah Carey with Nicki Minaj featuring lol

Many thanks.

Check out any of the "colleges" teaching contemporary performance for singers who need projects for their performance and recording portfolios

Hey Cremo,

Yeah its crazy man! No wonder the urban scene is struggling in the UK. Too many wanna be`s who think they have made it before they have had any success. If they would charge reasonable rates then at least they would actually get some work.

And yeah I have been looking on Starnow and Gumtree. I got quoted 400 to do four songs on Gumtree by a singer and thats way too much for someone who isnt even successful herself. For that money I want Mariah Carey with Nicki Minaj featuring lol

Many thanks.
If you can get MC or NM to do a feature for £100 a song then you're the best negotiator in the history of music lol

I would stick some flyers up at colleges and universities, it's where I've had my most success. I ask for them to provide songs or videos of them singing then I'll be in touch. Trade studio time or let them use the finished songs too for their own portfolio.

Some singers really are extortionate at best.

I remember that there was a singer busking in London who we passed about 5 times during our visit. We liked his singing each time so we approached him before heading home about singing at our wedding. We offered to pay travel to our town (30 minutes from that point in London) then asked how much he would charge for 3 hours singing. £2,000, he said. Plus food and drink and travel and a hotel for the night. We tried to negotiate and he simply said the price is the price.

We ended up getting a DJ for £250. He was awesome.

Good luck with your search - there are definitely talented singers out there who would collab for free/cheap.

Y'all some cheap ass mf'ers. Everyone else's time and expertise should be free/cheap until its your turn. Everyone is greedy but you, right?
I see this shit all the time here, "Aye doggg, can you put some guitar on my tracks? I need help making melodies. But I don't have any money, promise I will shout you out and give you credit". So, just to humor they ass, I ask them what they need done. "Aww bruh, I got this mixtape, 16 tracks. Can you just hang out and write some melodies and chord progressions for me please. I don't know all that theory shit"

FUCC NAWL! NIGGA. I am not about to spend an entire day of my time, letting you rip me off cuz you too lazy to learn basic musicianship let alone PAY A NIGGA.
Fucc you
Fucc your life
Fucc your Twitter
Fucc your followers
Fucc your fans
Fucc your YT and Google+ account
Fucc your Soundcloud link
Fucc your "I sell beats" website
Fucc your pirated copy of FL Studio on your mommas old Dell laptop
Fucc your dirty ass kids, they momma, and the nigga who really they daddy
Fucc your bootleg Beats headphones

Last edited:
Hey Cremo,

Many thanks.

CO-sign buddy. Try gumtree. I used to post adverts on Gumtree. I found many female singers (decent looking ones) too. My advice: Never pay a singer that much money. Unless she's a signed artist to a major label. Or extremely good lucking so you can shag her for that price.

Last edited:
Go through the 'features' in recent UK releases and hit them up direct on Twitter...
Ifyou don't know who put the vocal down on someone's track then ask them chances are they'll "@" them.

There are 2 personality types of female vocalist - and neither of them want to shag you bruv!
Dont go there...

Back