Whats up everyone! Newbie to Logic Pro X any advice much appreciated :)

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am really happy to have found this forum and share it with you all.
I used to DJ regularly a good few years ago when the Technics SL1210's were the industry standards (I know a good few years ago lol) and I kinda moved out of it slightly when things started to go digital,not so much because I did not want to evolve with the times but more because I didn't have enough time to dedicate to it back then. However I never lost my passion/ ear for good music and now I am settled I want to start producing my own material.

I am fairly new to producing around a month or so and I am using Logic Pro X. I am teaching myself currently and am usually up till silly am each day watching YouTube tutorials. The good news is that i am making progress. I am interested in producing Trap/Rap/HipHop and was wondering if any of you kind people can point me in the right direction for some relative free drum kits/samples etc?

Also interested in your opinions on the Akai MPK Mini as I am in need of a midi controller and contrary to its not great build quality I have heard its a great little controller.

Sorry If I am asking questions in the wrong threads etc I am new to forums and still trying to find my way around.

Any help regarding the above or just genral advice as a starting producer would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

Have a great day :)

Kyps .

Setup templates that suit your workflow first thing, so you don't have to waste time and energy repeating your actions.
Thanks for your advice Jason much appreciated I'm still trying to get my head around the DAW as I have no previous experience in production software and only just transitioned into Mac, saying that I am just about IT literate anyway as not much of a computer user other than fr work. All I am really used to is two decks a mixer and an amp lol. I must say the production side of things was a little daunting at first as there is so much to learn, I am currently just toying with the instrument loops and just about getting my head around midi. I am waiting for a midi controller to arrive so that shall keep me busy as will the rest of the things I need to learn. Workflow is a mess at the moment but I'm sticking with it day by day. Please forgive my newbie attitude and silly questions. I am just spending time each evening trying to figure my way round tools/instruments and editing at the minute.Thanks again for your advice man

Welcome and do you play any instrument(s)? Also know that you don't have to learn how to sample to create Hip Hop but if you do it's a legal nightmare.

Last edited:
Back