Whats the point of downloading loops?

N

newbieproduce

When i download a refill for my reason soundbank it comes with "loops". can anybody tell me what the purpose of it is for??

You can layer them in over your beat, use them as the sole drum beat, use them for inspiration, things like that.

or completely **** them up and use them as ambient background noise, do whatever you like with them, just don't plain use them, thats my advice.

many wont tell you but sampling is key!! Sample the **** out of any piece of sound you can get ur hands on till it sounds the way you want it too!

loops are great if u find a certain sound within the loop your looking for.Chop it and pull what u want out of it(certain instrument, or a fx).Not really one to use a loop as it is, but to each is his own.

well i download loops for inspiration mainly, sometimes i dont feel the drums and when i listen to some loops i get my own ideas. I mainly use Ableton, so i can cut my loops and use bits of it on my track.

i use them for percussion when i want to build a song structure really quick, then once its done i rip out the loops unless i really like em and remake everything from scratch. otherwise ill just waste the time im inspired building hats drums etc and get fed up of it by the time i go to arrange it.

I don't really like drum loops but I do like exotic instruments loops since I can't own all real instruments....such as Kora, Erhu and instruments like that....... But again, I will tend to chop the loop and replay them in real time to get my own sound...

But I almost play live all the instruments that I'm recording except the drums....

I use Reason and Recycle. I do not often use loops, but to fresh up a song to get that top notch high end or low end groove, it can do miracles :-) I can edit them in the way I like in Recycle, then make it as a .rex file. The groovy beat drum, could end up as a loopish pad in a bridge or something.

I like to find loops sometimes and chop the **** out of em, then make my own drum pattern. Or with live 9 now you can dump in a drum loop and then convert Audio to MIDI and switch out all the elements with a customized drum rack. Really lots of ways you can get creative with loops

I always mess a drum loop up on the arrange view in live. That way I can slice all the individual bits and rearrange it to what I want. Sometimes it's just moving a single hit. Then I put each type of sound on it's own channel, replace them with my own sounds and group all the channels together. I still keep the a silent copy of the loop to see what my pattern really looks like when I wanna make a fill or completely change it up for a bridge or hook. I can use instrument loops though. They always feel funny for me

Back