What is your day job?

BTMM

Born To Make Music
So this is simple:

Just answer in the following manner:

1. What is your day job?
2. How much time you spend daily on your music?

Let me get the ball rolling:

1. Web Developer (9-5 Weekly)
2. 1 hour minimum.

Purchasing and Procurement Officer
Around 4 to 6 hours a week right now - it's difficult with a 1 year old baby boy.

1. Art Director
2. A few hours a week, if I'm lucky. I do get to do some sound & music stuff for work as well, though.

I work at a fast food restaurant 3-4 days a week, I would say I spend 10 hours a day doing something music related whether it's blogging or actually producing music

I dont work, I am focusing on my music and my website.. Hopefully I will start making money with my music, if not I would get a job again.

Admin for a Chartered Surveyors, standard 9-5.

Probably about 3 hours in the evening if I'm lucky? I'm just glad I don't have a kid or anything otherwise i literally wouldn't find the time to make beats

I'm just glad I don't have a kid or anything otherwise i literally wouldn't find the time to make beats
True story.

It gets easier as they get older.
My stepson is 12 now but was 3 when my wife and I met. I moved in when he was nearly 6 and it was never a problem - he used to make stuff with me. It was great.
Xbox has ruined him now...
My youngest is 14 months and finding time is difficult. I usually get an afternoon a weekend and try make sure it counts.
I have a couple days annual leave entitlement due that I have to take before August (when next years AL starts) so I'll be taking that as 'StudioTime' to finish the Hawaii project.

Looks like my own album will be getting pushed back to 2017 but that's all good - I want it to be more hardware based anyway - and performable - so there's some gear I need to save for and practice on.

1. Fast Food (More specifically = McDonalds)
2. I spend a minimum of 2 hours but it depends if i'm going to th gym or not or if it is a rest day. If its a rest day then praise the lord because I'll stay in all day and actually finish a drop lol.

I have a couple days annual leave entitlement due that I have to take before August (when next years AL starts) so I'll be taking that as 'StudioTime' to finish the Hawaii project.

Yeah it's probably wise to have dedicated annual leave days for working on your music, I've squandered mine on extended weekends and laziness :'). Do you find that you take your time working on your music more seriously because it's limited?, or does it cause a bit more stress because you're like "oh I have to get this done by..." etc

At first I was a salesman (fulltime job)
I spent about minimum 1-3 hours daily for my music

Four month ago (6-7 years after I started to sell my beats online) I decided to make music to my main job and canceled my regular salesman job. Now I spent about 5-more than 10 hours daily for my music.

My parents make me work while going to college :( So during the summer I work 45 hours a week, go to school full-time, and the rest of the day is spent working on beats. It sucks but at least I still have time for my music.

Back