What is your day job?

Yeah it's probably wise to have dedicated annual leave days for working on your music, I've squandered mine on extended weekends and laziness :'). Do you find that you take your time working on your music more seriously because it's limited?, or does it cause a bit more stress because you're like "oh I have to get this done by..." etc

Every minute counts. windows updates are a real pita!
Depends what I have on; and what I did in the previous session though to be honest.

i might have an hour - and mix the beat I finished the last session on.
If I have less than an hour I'll play a game of Drop the Needle but cheat if I find something nice and work it later.
If I have a whole afternoon - I'll bring it.

I've started messing with with synths/grooveboxes in the livingroom on evenings where I can't get into the studio (attic). But I've always started from a sample so it's a very new process for me. Next buy is a BeatStepPro (and then a bigger soundcard on 10 month finance) so I can more easily incorporate what I'm doing downstairs.

Everyone I work with knows the score from the get go though. I'm not in a position to work to deadlines right now. If they're in a rush they don't ask me to work with them.
I'm doing 2 projects (+ my own thing) right now and they're very loose arrangements.

1. Full time student, campaign director (on and off), training for the military
2. 1-2 hours for music each day.

:D

I'm a pub manager.

My work week can be anywhere from 40 to 70 hours so time is very varied. If I manage two days off a week I'll use one of them to work on music almost exclusively, if I only get one day or an afternoon off then it depends what else is going on in my life. Laundry, housework ;)

If I get some work music related, then I'll make sure i put the time in, use holidays or something, perhaps jiggle things at work so I can spend a bit more time.

I am working as a Physiotherapist. Thought that I could just settle down in this but hell I just love music. Hope to have music as my career in time to come. I am spending at least 4-5 times a week and at least 2 hours a day in it, as I do not have much commitments and having a lot of time in my hand waiting to get into the military.

I work underground in a print lab. It's hot and i get paid really bad. I live in my car / sometimes get to go to my dads to produce on his PC. So 1- 3 hours a week max. Kill me fam.

I'm a high school student lol ^that must suck :/ it's gotten to the point for me where i feel wrong or like i'm wasting time if i'm not producing lol

Last edited:
I work at Walgreens and I do pretty much everything in the store and the pharmacy. Since I'm working so much currently (averaging 62 hours/week for the past three weeks) I don't spend much time on music..... I'd say about 1-3 hours a week if I'm lucky.

Back