What are your beat making goals?

HEADCUTTA

me i just do it for the love and enjoyment of bein creative and if i make a lil bit of cash along the way thats cool if not that fine to how about you

I've messed around real casually for years but recently its become a daily focus. Hard to say if I have any goals other than to just get better. I've never had a music lesson or played an instrument but certain experiences in life made music very important. Its been awesome learning and teaching myself. I'm light years away from anyone paying me a cent so I'd say my goal right now is to get someone to say they kind of like what I make haha

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Made with a 10 year old lap top and earbuds. Any and all feedback appreciated

{Bass/Glitch} At this Point - anyone but me think it's any good?

I feel ya man i still have that first beat that made people say hey thats nice it took sooo long lol that was 10 years ago

I feel ya man i still have that first beat that made people say hey thats nice it took sooo long lol that was 10 years ago

What do you think got you from making ok stuff to music people gave you positive feedback on? Any specific habits, equipment, etc. or just 10,000 hours like they say it takes to get great at anything?

If you wouldn't mind letting me know if my track shows any potential on my end. My laptop is 10 years old and garbage and my process involves a lot of section rendering, listening on headphones and in my car, tweaking, making new sections, etc. I'm looking to get some real equipment but might wait if I'm lightyears away.

------------------------------
Made with a 10 year old lap top and earbuds. Any and all feedback appreciated

{Bass/Glitch} At this Point - anyone but me think it's any good?

Been casually at it since 2009. Got my start with mixcraft and fl till I moved on to Reason in 2011.
Learned 14 types of synthesis by heart, all major/minor scales are etched into my muscles and can use pretty much any daw I can think of by default based off of my Reason knowledge alone.
Learned some methods to find any chord I can possibly think of and have taken many breaks in between to play some very basic piano riffs xD

Became adept at Control voltages a few years back as well, which took some time to get used to but in general there are only 2 types of CV wires to use in Reason period.
I spend alot of time noodling around for ideas and whatnot while practicing my scales every now and then.
Learned to read sheet during my breaks from producing.

[Summary] I want to get good at an instrument (that is not percussion related) as I have most of my bases covered already.

Last edited:
I have professional goals that are music related... but the beatmaking is really just for fun. My goal is to make heads nod and hear fresh sounds. I try to make stuff that entertains me and that's really all I want other people to get from it too.
I don't have an agenda, or an image. I'm not trying to push a certain sound or make an artistic statement. It's really as simple as one day I make a dark track, the next I feel like making an upbeat one.
I conciously try to keep it simple and fun like that. It works for me.

Back