what ways work best for you for quickest production?

Akulli

I'm looking to find out new ways I can approach music production to see which way gets the job done fastest.

I'm looking to find out new ways I can approach music production to see which way gets the job done fastest.

take your time when u start looking for fast ways to make music your just end up becoming a basic trap beat maker take your explore sounding enjoy the process good luck sir

Wish I could tell you, I make beats so slow it's not even funny. My advice, pick your samples/loops in a decent time and don't keep mushing in extra shit that doesn't need to be there. Keep it simple. And I find that the beats I make quicker because I'm goofing off, tend to be my better ones. So just enjoy yourself

try using something like garageband on your iphone or something similar. you can smash out a decent quick little beat in no time and actually have it sound dope too. its a good quick way to get ideas down too when your on the go and then you can use your real workstation at the pad to put that idea to use.

I totally agree with everyone saying 'don't rush it' however sometimes I like to start with a loop, or a couple of loops (which I don't usually use) and build around this. I often end up removing the loops once I've produced something I'm happy with. I find it a quicker way, but it isn't my preferred method of producing.

Depends on the producer. For me personally, I cycle through different sounds until I find one I like. From there I build melodies with that one sound and create additional sections from there (e.g. drums, synths, pads, etc).
Some people start with one sound, some people start with a tempo. It really just depends on you. But enjoy the process. Don't be in a rush to make a beat like you have a deadline. Take your time and if you have to, take a break and come back to it.

I'm super impatient sometimes and wanna get stuff done asap. But what I realize is when I step away from the track, then I start hearing other things that would fit in with it allowing me to build on it more till it feels totally complete.

Last edited:
Whatever you use, set up templates. A project template for samples, synths, effects-everything.

Don't save projects and tweak them forever. Save them and render the project as an MP3 or whatever. Then move on to something new. You can also rework the song later. But move on and get better with each song instead of perfecting one song to be better.

That should help make things quicker.

Back