What really keeps you going? Why?

Vincent Paul

Hey everyone first off if this is the wrong section for this post please help me redirect this because this is a question I've been meaning to ask the community.

Why did you start making music and why?
Most importantly, what keeps you going?
What do you hope to accomplish with your craft and.... why?

I ask because after many, many years with music, as I'm re-evaluating certain things I think it might be time for a break...up.
Much on that on another post maybe but....
I'd love to hear everyone's responses.

Can't keep away from music. I don't have too ambitious aspirations about where I'm going (also I'm turning 40 this year - translates as "old as the hills" to many of you, which might add a bit of a realist edge to it), but damn if I'm ever going to stop. It's just something that I need to do.

age is just a number. make music and love what you do. It is a great thing to be able to take an inanimate object such as speakers and send waves forms through them that create soundscapes that no one has ever heard before. We are creators. If you are intrinsically motivated then you don't need a reason to continue. You can't explain it you just love to do it. But if you are searching to become this years high school gossip than I can see why age would be a factor. Would you say Beethoven was too old or would you go watch him tear up the piano at 85 years old?

I stopped identifying with my age and it was the best thing I've ever done.

Last edited:
It's funny but skrillex was the reason i started making music 4 years ago. Never heard of the guy before untill i opened a video of his on youtube called rock n roll(will take you to the mountain). Once the song was finished i had to know how he made those crazy sounds.. Soon after i got over the initial skrillex love phase i started to discover the depths of electronic music in all its beauty. I knew this is what i wanted to do untill the day i died.

It's a unique hobby and there is always something new to learn and be creative with. Basically it just never gets boring

Back