what program should you use ?

noobie1221

You will not need the best program to make the best music . the only thing you need to make good music is a creative mind . You will not need the best set up to make something good . what ever you have will be enough for you to make what you want . if its in your head then you are golden !

You will not need the best program to make the best music . the only thing you need to make good music is a creative mind . You will not need the best set up to make something good . what ever you have will be enough for you to make what you want . if its in your head then you are golden !
Cool, so all I need to write a hard-bop jazz tune is Windows Sound Recorder! Lemme get right on that....

Use whatever feels the most natural to you. Some DAW's have limitations but I would say you can't go wrong with FL or Abelton. Sometimes restraints are also a good thing. Limiting options makes you get better with what you have.

Cool, so all I need to write a hard-bop jazz tune is Windows Sound Recorder! Lemme get right on that....

Well you know what he means. You can have a Maschine Studio, Mpc touch, and Pro tools....Or you can use free software, and a $40 used mpd26, and get the.....professional.......results.....!....?
Yes! A pro is a pro, and upgrades really don't help unless your a preset guy that leans on them.
For years free software has been slept on, but now(2016)what is out there for free is quite impressive, and capable.

Back