What plugins should i get for ableton, and where?

Hey, i'm new here and I am not sure where i should post this, but i did it here. I just started with music production on Ableton live 9. So I'm wondering where i can download plugins, vst, audio and midi effects etc for ableton live 9 for free. And what should i get?

One thing I would do if I were you is to delve into max 4 live, there are a ton of free extra additions to Abletons plugins using max 4 live, which includes many different kind of plugins that you won't find anywhere else.

I would say mastering the plug that come with Live
then If you still want to look into something else
try something on pluginboutique

remember master your DAW plugs first

^Yep. The plugins that come with Live are good. Definitely figure out what you're actually lacking before going shopping.

Great post, I was going to post something simuliar but I started to search around myself, you can find free drumk kits,samples, etc all over the place, but as far as plug ins and all that, just like they said LIVE 9 has allot of great stock ones, use how to learn them untill you mastered them ( allot of youtube tutorials ) , then worry about other VST and plug ins after.

Have you any tips what effects, etc should i get?

Focus on using EQ and Compression right. These are the 2 most used tools.

Reverb and delays comes after that.

Spend your time with 1 EQ and ONE compressor and you'll see 90% of the time that the knobs
that may confuse you at start, are almost the same on each compressor/EQ.

Get used to one and then test others.

But really if get a good grasp of what's going on during EQing and compressing then the others come easier.

Making music has nothing to do with either eq or compression. The only thing this leads to is to make people believe that eq and compression and any other irrelevant technique is somehow necessary to make great music. It is NOT. The music is in the arrangement, the composing and your soul. Don't focus on eq, compression, delays or reverbs. Focus on being creative and make the best music you could possibly make.

The only way you're gonna do this is to hear what's good and what's not. Develop a sense for it, don't get caught in the web of technicalities.

Having a nice EQ can be useful as well, I found that Fabfilters EQ are really good as they display a visual of the frequencies of your track/master track, so you have a good spectrum representation of everything :)

I would say mastering the plug that come with Live
then If you still want to look into something else
try something on pluginboutique

remember master your DAW plugs first

Also bLue cat audio has some cool free stuff.

I too recomend Ableton effects. their cool and simple.

Back