What other ways could I record HyperSonic 2 with? FL Studio can't handle it.

DJ HMV

When I try to record HyperSonic 2 with FL Studio, the CPU Usage can't take it and just becomes static.

What other programs could I use to record HyperSonic 2?

any program that can read vsts should be able to record HS2 (Acid, Protools, etc.)..... but if you're having a problem in FL, try opening a new file and only inserting HS2 and record and save as a wav. Once you have the wav save , just insert it in the original you wanted it in as the wav rather than a new channel VST.

Hmm, I tried only doing HyperSonic by itself but it still does it.

I'll check out ACID then.

Thanks.

It probably has zero to do with the particular program you are using, but it seems you are determined to think otherwise. My guess is that changing programs is the easiest/cheapest ("free-est" perhaps) method you have for trying to deal with the issue ... so that must be the solution. ;-_

dansgold said:
It probably has zero to do with the particular program you are using, but it seems you are determined to think otherwise. My guess is that changing programs is the easiest/cheapest ("free-est" perhaps) method you have for trying to deal with the issue ... so that must be the solution. ;-_

Actually, it probably does have something to do with a certain program, because I can run it just fine in Reaper. But I still made the thread to see what other options there are, since I don't like working with Reaper.

So seriously, stop acting all smart with the italics. You could have said all that with out acting all arrogant.

Last edited:
like RT said it's not FL Studio's issue. the problem is most likely that your computer isn't up to snuff? you said it yourself when you mentioned CPU usage. what i suggest i that you go to the tools > audio settings and change the buffer length to a higher amount. try to keep it lower so you don't have too much latency but so you don't get static.

btw, what are the specs of your computer?

I tried the buffer thing but still gives me same problem, when I click record then play a note, FL Studio pretty much just freezes.

But thanks though for the suggestion.

And rayzer, thanks for the info and suggestion, but I don't think I can try that since I can't even get into the piano roll after recording since it would already be locked up. After the first note.

I've used HS1 and 2, as well as, FL 5-7. It's one of my most stable apps.

ive had this problem too when trying to use it through bootcamp on FL... anyone else have any other suggestions. I think im gonna have to wait for the UB version to come out

Ive had the same problem, because I always selected the name: Steinberg hypersonic. I thought this was the right "VST" but actually this was a DVI or something, and the right one was the one whit just the name Hypersonic.. It works now for me!

BIG THANKS for this post! this help me I was banging my head! :banghead:

Ive had the same problem, because I always selected the name: Steinberg hypersonic. I thought this was the right "VST" but actually this was a DVI or something, and the right one was the one whit just the name Hypersonic.. It works now for me!

I ran hypersonic 2 on a P4 2.66ghz without a glitch for years. Since back when it only had 1gb Ram. I even ran it on another P4 before that with 256mb Ram at one point, I think like 1.8ghz?

It's not the program. Unless you running something weaker than those.

Why not just use the stand-alone program of HS2. btw HS2 is some severely outdated shit, and if you are having problems it may be your OS (are you using Vista or upwards, if so it's not compatible). I never had problems with in in FL studio though when I was using it.

Back