Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Makes You Want To Rap?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I rap because it's personal expression and I hope that if someone can relate it may help them through tough times or let them know someone knows what they're feeling.

Thanks
    Getting paid to do what I love

Thanks
    When I started it was because I felt I had to. Like my whole life has been preparation for me to do this thing that I would have never thought of before.
    Last edited by tHE.jr; 08-21-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tHE.jr View Post
    When I started it was because I felt I had to. Like my whole life has been preparation for me to do this thing that I would have never thought of before.
    Quote Originally Posted by commanderinreef View Post
    everyone has that voice that they need to own, and the specifics of who they are and what they've been through help personify that voice. Rapping is a beautiful creative outlet for artists of all tiers, levels, and wealth. People can come as they are as an artist, and other artist respect it because it comes from the heart.

I rap because no one has the same voice as I, so its my duty to make sure it is heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donta Black View Post
    Everyone is different, how we interpret situations, our choice of vocabulary to paint you a precise picture of how we feel in that very raw moment we're revisiting from the past for our listeners.

Second, validation. Though I know I don't need others sign of approval to rank where I stand, as a human, its just that.

What drives me initially is that, there is only one ME, I want to be a voice for those in my community & communities alike, growing up being told you wouldn't be shit, over hearing ppl tell my mother my siblings & I would beat on her once we got old enough. Being connected with ppl in the streets but not stereotypically following that same pattern to fit in. Growing up with out a male figure to guide you.

Second,
    All the above.

Rapping is showing your heart to people with words and what you have been through...
    Last edited by YMM; 08-21-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks
    Everything about the movie Krush Groove is why I rap. That was my inspiration. Today, the cliche that "music is my savior" is kinda my adopted mantra.. When I started writing, it was just to hammer a cypher and anybody in it but, thankfully it evolved. Now, more often than not, it's to relieve tension or to inspire or hopefully, thru my turmoils, allow any listener who relates to know, they aren't the only person on the planet with those issues.

Ultimately though, at my core, I'm a true fan of Hip-Hop and it's origins - so I LOVE the competitive nature of it. Not so much the cypher anymore - my project days were filled with them - I'm talking about mixing metaphors and double entendras to make the listener go "WTF did he/she just say?!!".. That feeling is embedded in my passion to write/rap along with the aforementioned paragraph..

Thanks
    The First Track that got me hooked on Rap was Nelly - Ride with me, Then that Air Force one Track, then the Nellyville Album, from them it spired to Eminem, Redman, Fat Joe. Sean Paul, Methodman, Wu-Tang, Dre, 50, the game etc. So I was brought up with mofo's that were not whack. Where I live in Germany there is no seen, so early in my days of starting out with rap I did it cause I was just such a big fan. Id come home and just vibe for hours n hours, I was obsessed, however it was pretty hard to find a Producer with the Equipment I dont even think I had Internet till I was 15, as it wasnt as affordable as it is today^^ So then I just put it on hold and found something else to put my Energy in. Then I remember turnin 24 and realising that shit is just going downhill and I believed that if I tried I could make Music 90% better of the Music that is on the Radio. So I went all out and got my set up, So I could make Music myself and have been since, I spent two years just writing and I've been recording for 1. All in All, I would say HipHop/Rap has done so much for me, got me through some really tough times, at even kept me sane in a few moments. So I just think its my duty to repay the Scene by Blessing it with Real, No Bullshit, Anti-Autotune, Anti-Christopherstreetday clothing, non mumbling Music Like im not even out to be the next big Thing, I just want People from my era to have that same Feeling as a kid when they go on soundcloud/Youtube.

Thanks
    Rhythm and Poetry. That feeling you get when you know its your voice saying something meaningful or catchy and other people being touched by it never gets old.
    Artist/Producer/Engineer Learn,Create & Motivate

Thread Information