what is giving the song that 80's vibe?

well many factors man, bpm is just slower b/c its a slow jam but yes the drum patters and sounds are all from earlier synths ect. Usually if you are looking to get a sound from a certain era you can just search for the common synths used then. 80s was tons of emu/ensoniq, kurzweil synths, ect. Also the processing was WAY WAY WAY less then what we do now because it was all patched in hardware no vsts or rack upon rack of plug ins on a single track. So in short less processing, older sounds and different drum patterns than what is common for the 2000's.

the drums and the sounds.. to me the sounds are basic as hell but back then they were the shit.. the same with the drums..

Ah, so what is the standard or region of BPM for a slow jam? Yeah, i get what you mean. I guess, it's just the sounds that were produced using earlier equipment

haha, i know. It's weird because even though those songs are old, they still sound pretty good in the light of today's music haha. I mean, the songs overall not the production used lol

1st - The right sound selection.
2nd - The performance has to be good.
3rd - Most used analog console back then and hardware synth.
4th - These were mixed by top notch engineers.

If you want your music to sound like this, start changing the way you play and hire a pro to mix it for you, or spend your own whole life learning your own craft and mixing skills. It's not easy man. Have to appreciate music for what it is.

Last edited:
Back