What daw software you recomend?

I'd like to see a chart that compares different DAWS in terms of what they're really good at, what kind of music they're designed to do best. Which ones shines at MIDI editing, which one's really good for working with loops and beats, which one's got the best bundled instruments, which one's good for editing noise issues, that sort of thing. Anybody seen anything like that?

@Sequence2 why the **** would you choose looks over quality? Why?! I will never understand this so don't even bother to reply to it. Jesus

Worded that wrong. So take it easy.

I tried producing in my early teens w/ fruity loops and hated it (specifically the layout, colour scheme, effects, etc). In my early 20's, I saw an advertisement via FB for Ableton, and thought I'd give it another shot (solely based on the fact that the layout was not overwhelming when you initially start it up). After a month or two of messing around on Ableton, I was hooked. I enjoyed the flow, the DULL COLOURS (some people prefer dull over wham-baym factor), and how open it felt.

When I said appearance over quality, what I meant was - when I started producing, I made my choice based on what was aesthetically pleasing as it was just a hobby I tinkered with (I didn't take it nearly as seriously as I do now, therefore I didn't come throwing 'the best DAW' question around in a forum to learn which DAW was deemed the almighty mitochondria for producers, I was just looking to be more productive in my spare time). Looking back, I may have chosen Logic over Ableton as I'm a Mac guy, and I hear it has amazing capabilities/ workflow (also not too overwhelming to look at), but since i've had nothing but a positive experience with Ableton, I stick with it.

I think FL Studio is the best DAW to start with. Because there are so much Tutorial on the internet for free. Most modern Artists have started like that. The native plugins are pretty basic but good though. I know that Afrojack and Avicii are producing with this software.
I used to produce in Logic for years by myself. Now I switched to OSX Logic Pro, because of the awesome and fluent Apple-like handling.

Check me out on Soundcloud to get an Idea, what I love in EDM Music.
https://soundcloud.com/rideable-beatz/alpha-festival-trap-mix-vol1

If you're just starting out you should demo a few and then narrow it down to two. Try to get full or "Lite" versions of your two favorites and then pick your winner after a few months. Once you get good on a DAW it's VERY counter-productive to switch to a new one. So pick wisely and then master the one you choose.

I would say FL studio was the easiest thing I started using. I would try out the demo before purchasing it though to see if you like it.

I would recommend starting out with FL Studio just cause its very easy and user friendly. My top daw would have to be FL Studio since that's what I started out with, and the daw that I'm using at the meantime is Fl Studio but I recently purchased Presonus Studio One so I've been working back and fourth with those two daws. Professional wise, I would say presonus studio one.

Good luck!

Back