What daw?

Well I mean I know you can use Fruity Loops for beat making, production, etc.. but Logic Pro seems to be more user friendly with advanced features that seem to make the process for me a better experience than with FL, just my opinion.

I think it's good to have a couple DAWs. I do most of my beat creation in Maschine but I always track vocals into Studio One and mix there. If I need more automations I move it all over to Cubase.

All DAWs do the same stuff as each other... But some do specific things 'differently' (not better - just different) to others

I respect what you are saying and yes that is true that some programs may do functions differently but to reduce clutter, space, and time its easier today to do the most work on one DAW instead of switching between so many..

I personally use Logic. It's really nice and easy to use, especially automation stuff, but it's stock library kinda sucks (especially with drums) so you will need sample packs or vsts

Ive used Ableton for nu-house one time. Its phaser LFo are cool.

Abletons effects are uncolored.

I havent used cakewalk but it runs about 199 for the middle version!

TRy getting a Lite version with an audio interface? Good idea?

I use Fl Studio, now I haven't tried a bunch of other DAWS but I have glanced and messed with certain ones.

To me Fl Studio seems to be the most visual, and thats why I think its easy as F U C K to learn on. Everything on Fl Studio teaches you almost by showing you what you are doing. I have a Abelton disk, however I opened it one time and said screw that because it looked more complicated and more boring then Fl Studio and less visual.

Fl Studio is more appealing in terms of how it looks, to me everything is set up easy to find and the best part for me is everything is visual.

I will explain what I mean by Fl Studio teachings you by Visuals aka showing you what you are doing

I'm not sure if you know what the equalizer is or not

For example: In other DAWS if you open the EQ up it shows you what looks like volume knobs that raise up or lower down. Now to a new person all it looks like its volume knobs and if you are new you will be having a hard time understanding what the f u c k you are doing.

In Fl Studio you can open up a EQ that shows you the actual sounds at the same time being able to EQ, meaning its showing you MORE which lets you learn faster.

Pretend I am trying to teach you how to paint, you can move your arms around and paint but if you don't see no paint your going to have a hard time understanding what the f u ck you are doing. If you actually see the paint while moving your arms then you can visually see what is happening when you are doing certain things.

That is how I describe Fl Studio, you can find more visual effects that teach you better by seeing what you are doing rather than just clicking buttons and moving shit up and down not having the slightest clue what is happening.

Me personally I would have probably went with Pro Tools only because it was hyped up so much for people who record vocals, however since I don't have pro tools and been using Fl Studio for so long I am just gonna stick with Fl Studio.

Also I tend to find when I look up tutorials on Fl Studio when it comes to vocals people are actually crappy plugins to record in Fl Studio. When I record in Fl Studio I use a different method to record my vocals, because when I look up on youtube everyone is using dumb Edison in Fl Studio.

At the end of the day its whatever you like best, I just think Fl Studio is superior in terms of it being visual and showing you what is going on.

I opened up other programs and had no clue what I was doing, which is why I never even tried to learn them.

I'll stick to my Fl Studio, the one thing I will say is this : If you look up how to make beats in Fl Studio you can find tons of tutorials, however, when it comes to vocals it seems people do not actually know the best ways to record in Fl Studio, because the way i see people record most are using Edison and I do NOT use that, I record a different method in Fl Studio.

Whatever floats your boat, I just think Fl Studio looks better, I would rather stare at black/green/red then look at a bright ass white DAW all day.

Any D.A.W dude, they're all pretty universally interchangeable at this point and they all do roughly the same thing. If your starting from zero pick one and you can always branch out and try other ones. Even if your D.A.W doesn't offer feature A or B out of the box chances are there's a vst that will do whatever you want to achieve. It's the last thing you should worry about as a beginner, the first thing being the actual structure and quality of your music which your chosen D.A.W will have very little effect on.

OP my friend, download the demos from the various DAWs and find out which one suits you the best. Different thought processes lend themselves to one DAW over another. I prefer FL, personally.

Back