What d.a.w should i use next ? [After 5 years of Fl studio]

Ishi

I have been using Fl studio for nearly 5 years, and i am pretty familiar with it.
I wouldn't say i know "Everything" about it but i know quite a lot about it.
The reason i am not sure if i should change it, is because i haven't tried ANY other d.a.w at all.

But many people dislike Fl studio and i was just wondering what will be a good d.a.w to use after Fl studio?

I want a d.a.w which can do everything, because i'm not a fan of working on different programs for one project.
And i also want a d.a.w which pushes my limits so i can get more done with professional sounding quality.

Simply: i don't mind how complex it is, but i want something that can help me grow and also make more professional sounding music.
Because i don't plan to change my d.a.w again.

Did you buy or pirate your copy? Also know that no DAW does everything and all DAWs can be used to create professional sounding music. It isn't the tools you use but both tools and the skill level of the person behind the tools.

Did you buy or pirate your copy? Also know that no DAW does everything and all DAWs can be used to create professional sounding music. It isn't the tools you use but both tools and the skill level of the person behind the tools.
I'm not sure where but I've heard that fl studio doesn't export high quality. and its pretty hard to judge one's own music. so i cant be sure.
do you know anyone who uses fl studio and makes very high quality music ?

-Tell me something specific i can't make in fl studio ?

Last edited:
I can tell he is confused. Fl studio is one of the most advanced daws available.
Switching to a different daw would be a workflow based decision.

If someone is not that fond of it, it is because it is a pattern based daw and the layout is not preferred.
I am also positive that daw even had a synthmaking program that used ruby programming language as well.
No daw does everything, but there are at least a dozen that are at the same level.

FL Studio.

KonKossKang is right. FL Studio is pretty advanced. Continue using it because you have a workflow that you have developed over the 5 years. Be more than familiar with it - Master it.

ACID pro yo, and if you wanna come at it from a really unique angle, give MadTracker2 a try. Just for shits and giggles.

plenty of very big producers use FL studio

if it works for you I'd just stick with it. AFAIK the quality when exporting songs is no different than other DAWs

personally I am a big fan of Ableton Live though. it makes the most sense to me and I like the huge amount of features and different techniques you can use. plus there are tons of tutorials and guides people make which can help

Last edited:
If it aint broke, don't try to fix it!

I'm a regular pro tools user, but i have used most DAW's at some point or other. To be brutally honest, they've all reached a very similar standard as far as workflow/features goes. If you want a complete change, check out ableton, if you're recording in the traditional sense i.e. in rooms, with instruments then stick with what you know. Put your efforts and money into mics, pre-amps, decent AD/DA converters, and your monitoring.

Your choice of DAW has very little impact on making more professional sounding music. You could try getting an old calrec desk, tape machine, and real outboard gear. All of this will weigh, and cost more than your actual house, and will push your creative limits.

Concentrate on what you're making rather than how you make it.....it all ends up crushed to an mp3 and streamed on a phone anyways!

Peace
DE

stick with FL you will be able to work much faster and learn you programs deeper functions way better if you stick to the same daw. The day you chose FL you were better at using it than any other daw so the music you made was better in FL than any other daw.

Hope this helped

BRHSM

i ve been on FL for about 5 yrs now and still love it. i tried logic pro and ableton live recently but im not enough familiar with those. thats why i keep FL.

One real true test of someones skills is seeing what they can do with something simple and stupid like HammerHead Rhythm Station. Its just crazy how over the years, and all the fancy schmancy tools and effects and techniques and blah blah, you eventually realize how small subtle things really make a beat come alive, like every other chh at half volume, bam son, amazing if done right, or or or, or like, just a slight taste of distortion on a kick drum, omg its like experiencing vision for the very first time, and its sooo much more betterer of a snare if you sprinkle just the right amount of reverb on that ***** oh fuck yeah.... Sorry if i got carried away here on this post here.. Just cant help it sometimes

As everyone else has stated, DAW's have their main differences in workflow. Some similar and some very different. I started on FL and used it for a year or so until I made the switch to Studio One v3. Main reasons were it looked way more professional (FL looks like a toy to me) and I like the workflow wayyyy better then FL. I hated FL's workflow after seeing someone make a beat with Studio One v3.

FL is still an amazing DAW though...

It's all personal preference and budget..

Back