Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best school to attend for beat making/producing?

demak_dadi is offline Registered User

What is the best school to attend for beat making/producing?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I was told about SAE, and I looked into it as it seems cool and everything, but are there any others around the Florida or southern part of the U.S. the are highly ranked as top notch in the industry?
    DeMaK

megaMIKE is offline Registered User
    I don't believe there are any specific schools that will teach you how to make "beats" or teach you how to produce. Schools like SAE are there to teach you an understanding of audio engineering. For you to learn how to compose an instrumental that will take an understanding of music and some instruments. You can always take lessons in guitar, piano, or drums to help you on that end. Hope that helps. Peace and blessings.

Mainboi23SX is offline My Man...
    FP University.

Tohtruck is offline Universal Soldier
    Yeah I learned a ton on FP! Pretty much a good 90% of what I know (which is not that much but I've been at this for 10months) has come from just reading peoples' posts. Do alot of reading. I spent a few months just reading books and stuff on the internet before I even touched any programs or hardware. I still need to work on the musical side of things and getting my timing and creativity down but having knowledge from reading and understanding the vocabulary when reading manuals has helped me troubleshoot alot without having to rely on help from other people. It also puts you in "the know" when buying gear and software and putting together a set-up that works for you.

SAE: THe EMP program seemed kind of intersting and appealing to me at first. But definitely not worth what they charge. When i took a tour of SAE, the dude who was conducting the Q&A session for EMP just made the program seem like it would an instructor (somtimes a random instructor week by week) who you would bounce questions off of and he would show you random things or things that you are interested in. You could do the same thing for free just by interning at a studio or hanging out with people who are into this and of course asking questions on FP (cept not as hands on).

But in the end its up to you, not everyone has access to studios and knowledgeable people. And most people benefit from getting the hands-on experience of having someone show you things. I would've taken the EMP program but they charge around $3,000 for 24 weeks of courses, I find that just ridiculous. I would probably pay a few hundred for a program like that but thats it.
    Last edited by Tohtruck; 11-28-2006 at 03:17 PM.

emsiwun is offline Universal Soldier
    Trust me...YOU DON'T WANT NOBODY TELLING YOU "HOW" TO MAKE BEATS...

Producing is a different story...

Like ^^^ said, most school will come at you with the AUDIO ENGINEERING stuff...which looks good on paper, but they can't teach you EVERYTHING...

I think reading A LOT OF SOFTWARE BOOKS is important, along with MIXING, MASTERING, AND ENGINEERING BOOKS...put in your hours on this site and others, and also talk to consultants when you can...IMHO...

Mosh is offline Registered User
    niggi no 1 can teach u how to make a beat!
    that shyt comes from ur mind kid.. they can show u how to make shyt sound like good quality nd shyt but besides that nah.. just rea fp.. or like dude said join the university lmao

rando is offline Insane FP Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboi23SX
    FP University.
    Boom Chiggy to That!!!!

Patrizio is offline Universal Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by emsiwun
    Trust me...YOU DON'T WANT NOBODY TELLING YOU "HOW" TO MAKE BEATS...

Producing is a different story...

Like ^^^ said, most school will come at you with the AUDIO ENGINEERING stuff...which looks good on paper, but they can't teach you EVERYTHING...

I think reading A LOT OF SOFTWARE BOOKS is important, along with MIXING, MASTERING, AND ENGINEERING BOOKS...put in your hours on this site and others, and also talk to consultants when you can...IMHO...
    Agreed....

You really can't teach someone how to produce good music, but also you can have 400hrs of "classroom and book training", but at the end of the day, you still need hands on experience. If you have a stong musical foundation then the music part should be cake.

The technical part is up to you and how you like to learn. Interning at a studio, hooking up with a friend, going to school; whatever is best for you. Engineering schools don't teach the music aspect of production(because you're suppose to know that already).
    Last edited by Patrizio; 11-28-2006 at 03:32 PM.
    [IMG]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/okpimpin1082/onyx1620.jpg[/IMG]

Rez88 is offline Registered User
    FPU!!!!lol but im in Miami dade college..lol

Bro_Random is offline Registered User
    FP is where its at!
    God Bless!
    Peace,
    Daniel AKA "Random"

http://www.myspace.com/brorandom

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information