What is this amazing synth?

Algie

I heard this warm synthy pad in this song I heard recently and I'm starting to hear it more in future bass type electronic songs and even some classic R&B songs. It caught my attention right away and I find something very inspiring about it. It's has a great relaxing undertone to it and sounds great for buildups.
These songs are a great example of this sound I'm trying to recreate. I've made several attempts at trying to emulate it but couldn't get that feel to it. If anybody is familiar with similar sounding synths, let me know. Also, i'm using NI Massive, I've grown to like massive and i think it might be capable of creating this synth. If there are other ways to create that synth, I'm open minded to that as well.
The first 0-5 seconds of both these songs have that sound.

Tinashe - Vulnerable Pomo Remix
MXXWLL - 4U

its almost like a very smooth sine wav, maybe utilized a daft filter and add some glide to the synth, on massive, but if all else fells check out this guy on youtube his channel is called adsr music production tutorials, he might have a video in there that is geard towards what you are looking

Hey! Thanks for the help man, i realized it is indeed a sine wave with some glide and slightly low pitch, and also has a subtle square wave layer to it, i got a hold of the massive patch through another producer so it turned out pretty awesome. Thanks tho! Much appreciated

Back