well known producers who use reason,flstudio,etc?

9th Wonder started out in his dormroom wit FL4 and a turntable, and alot of records, and look where he is now.

Also, a recent kid who made it big is this teenager (i forgot his name, but he`s makin it big and im sure we`ll all know his name soon enough) and he started out wit was FL Studio.

I forgot what software was used, but just blaze made a couple tracks wit software. That first single of Jay of Kingdom Come is he used software i think.

A lot of people use reason and fl. I know will i am uses reason, and so does the black eyed peas musical asistant or whatever. Andre 3000 uses reason. 9th wonder uses Fl studio. Many others use these program as well. I've seen a video of timbo and his computer screan had reason running on it.

Also, just to warn you ahead of time, there will be many people on here screaming at youe comments such as "why does it matter", and "who cares if anybody famous uses it." I understand where you are ccoming from. Probably just need some inspiration. Am i right? Well to answer the other question. Yes basically all producers use Pro tools too, just for the fact that it is the industry standard and most if not all major studios use it.

search the forum, this horse hsa been beaten to death. but, it should not matter who uses what

Personally no offense to anyone but this shyt makes me mad as hell! For this one reason.

FOR THE MOST PART!

Why do software users feel the need to get validation from big names using FL/Reason. To be 'real' use the program whose specs you like and if you want to cross over to another joint, let it be that you want to because you like the specs of it and it fits your workflow.

I mean I can see why DJ Premier and RZA were talkin' trash about software users and keyboard beats.

They talked about the SP-1200 and the ASR-10, but you know what they mentioned?? SPECS! They talked about the certain sample times on this machine that progressed from or rivaled this machine, they talked about A/D Converters in the hardware. They talked about the specifics of each module and if they had a workflow that they'll want to keep instead of progress for the sake of progressing.

Get my point?

Seems that us software users talk about one thing. "Do they use it?" Not WHY they use it, or does Rocwilder use the Scream 4 Module in Reason 3, or does 9th chop with whatever FL lets you chop with. It's just the fact that some big dog producer uses a $200 program to make beetz surprises the hell out of everybody and they run cop FL or Reason and post that garbage on every music forum in existance.

Yeah, this is an official rant. Because more often then not. This causes saturation.......

PlanetHitzProduction said:
Personally no offense to anyone but this shyt makes me mad as hell! For this one reason.

FOR THE MOST PART!

Why do software users feel the need to get validation from big names using FL/Reason. To be 'real' use the program whose specs you like and if you want to cross over to another joint, let it be that you want to because you like the specs of it and it fits your workflow.

I mean I can see why DJ Premier and RZA were talkin' trash about software users and keyboard beats.

They talked about the SP-1200 and the ASR-10, but you know what they mentioned?? SPECS! They talked about the certain sample times on this machine that progressed from or rivaled this machine, they talked about A/D Converters in the hardware. They talked about the specifics of each module and if they had a workflow that they'll want to keep instead of progress for the sake of progressing.

Get my point?

Seems that us software users talk about one thing. "Do they use it?" Not WHY they use it, or does Rocwilder use the Scream 4 Module in Reason 3, or does 9th chop with whatever FL lets you chop with. It's just the fact that some big dog producer uses a $200 program to make beetz surprises the hell out of everybody and they run cop FL or Reason and post that garbage on every music forum in existance.

Yeah, this is an official rant. Because more often then not. This causes saturation.......

srry man, never again

*sigh*

Lets just make it a point to ONLY look at what a module, soft synth, machine and etc can do for you and your sound... I remember back in the Jazz days how when Charlie Parker was reinventing music (those who know his music know what I mean), and how cats that played alto at first....Sonny Rollins, John Coltrane, Sonny Stitt CHANGED from Alto Sax to Tenor just to make sure they wouldn't bite so much off of his sound.....

Just something to think about.

FOR THE MOST PART!

Get my point?

beat me to it. Its cool to know what others use but its not as serious as some cats make it. Theres dudes that think they need a mpc or something like it because the big names use it. Or they think that such and such a product is better because someone big uses it. Whatever happend to lovin what you do and what you use. You shouldn't need Timbo to validate you using your gear. Perfect example I like 9th wonder hate fruity like 9th. Just Blaze has been makin beats in Pro Tools for like a year now and cats had no idea until recently and now I find cats throwin out their mpcs for komplete and a mbox ****s hilarious. In the time that u take learning that new interface to get to the same place u were at before u switched they were makin money off their name alone lol.

I don't see why it's such a big deal. There are a lot of reasons people want to know if real producers are using XYZ software. One of the biggest is wanting to know if they can be successful using software. Having specific examples of people who have used it builds their faith is the validity of software.... What's wrong with that.

P.S. The question has been asked a million times however

fatdogs12 said:
. One of the biggest is wanting to know if they can be successful using software. Having specific examples of people who have used it builds their faith is the validity of software.... What's wrong with that.

just because super producer x uses a particular software or piece of hardware does not mean that if you buy that same thing you will have the skill or creativity that others have.;)
the only validation you should need is your own ability to use whatever tools you choose

*sigh*

Lets just make it a point to ONLY look at what a module, soft synth, machine and etc can do for you and your sound... I remember back in the Jazz days how when Charlie Parker was reinventing music (those who know his music know what I mean), and how cats that played alto at first....Sonny Rollins, John Coltrane, Sonny Stitt CHANGED from Alto Sax to Tenor just to make sure they wouldn't bite so much off of his sound.....

Just something to think about.

I remember when people used to do that. LOL....:( People just kind of changed from, like, the late 80s, early 90s of not wanting to sound like everyone else, to everyone wanting to sound like *insert superproducer here*. I;m only 24 and remember when people used to pride themselves on being unique.

fatdogs12 said:
I don't see why it's such a big deal. There are a lot of reasons people want to know if real producers are using XYZ software. One of the biggest is wanting to know if they can be successful using software. Having specific examples of people who have used it builds their faith is the validity of software.... What's wrong with that.

P.S. The question has been asked a million times however

^man.. using [this] or [that] aint gonna matter. is using software some sort of handicap? if you know what you're doing you gonna get tha same result using whatever kind of rig.. hardware.. software. cmon now.. if u got some fire, it dont matter what you using. you guys should perfect your craft before u worry about if u can get big using software.

trust after you up ya game it dont matta wat u using

Reason has better sounds than Fruity Loops, as far as synths and such. FL Studio is a better sequencer.

LOL wow, this blew up quick, i like to kno who uses what just outta curiosity, i ask everyone i talk to what they use, and its cool knowin what "big time" producers are using. i agree you are only as good as you are, not only as good as what you have. whatever the reason this kid wanted to know, who cares, he just asked a simple question. but i have seen this question on here( i think i even posted it lol) like 30 times since i been a member.o well to each his own.

Back