Wav samples with Midi Files

Matt Lopez

Hey guy's, I'm looking a bit of advice, I've searched the net and cannot find anything.

I'm new to producing, I've got a song on the go using Logic Pro. The Midi track starts in E1. I'm looking to add a vocal sample I have from a pack, but I'm not sure which one to add to it. They are labeled such as Em, Am, E, B, Dm, C etc... I'm just not sure which one I add, any help would be greatly appreciated on this. Thanks

The ones labeled E something would be a sure bet, which ones depend on what scale you wrote the midi part in. Some of the others may or may not fit as well but that's where my knowledge comes to a halt.

Last edited:
Which one sounds good? Yeah, use that one.

Not trying to dismiss the importance of understanding the theory behind it, but it's not like you're gonna break anything by experimenting.

as krushing notes, it can't hurt to try and see what works - it will make your understanding of what you are doing more real than simply applying some formulae (as I do below) to work out what could work and what will work

the problem with your question from where I view it is that I could give you many many different chords/keys to use against a single E note (E, Em, Edim, Eaug, C, Caug, C#m, C#dim, A, Am, Abaug, A#dim, Bsus4, extensions of all of these to the 7th, 9th and beyond, Fmaj7, F#7, D9, Dmaj9, Dm9, D#m7b9, Db7#9, B11, Bb9#11, G13, Gb11#13, G#11b13, G6/9, etc)

Back