Wasup guys, was wondering. Does anybody know any good slicer VST's ?

SixxiS

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with FL's SliceX but I'm looking for a slicer vst similar to that. With easy chopping ability and the quickness in terms of making the chops.
See the problem is the "Slice to Midi" method in Ableton is cool but I can't make new "warps" when it's already sliced, I can only move around the slices that already exist (which is very annoying to me)
TL/DR -> Share some good Slicer VST's that you use in Ableton !
Thanks I'm sure this post will help alot of people not only me

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with FL's SliceX but I'm looking for a slicer vst similar to that. With easy chopping ability and the quickness in terms of making the chops.
See the problem is the "Slice to Midi" method in Ableton is cool but I can't make new "warps" when it's already sliced, I can only move around the slices that already exist (which is very annoying to me)
TL/DR -> Share some good Slicer VST's that you use in Ableton !
Thanks I'm sure this post will help alot of people not only me

You can just use slice x in ableton if you like it.

I use FL studio and love slicex so I'm not aware of any similar slicers but I am pretty sure you can use slicex inside of ableton. They offer it as a standalone VST so I cant see why not! Download the demo version and see if it works.
Slicex

it worked but there's one problem, I can't zoom in with my mousewheel (CTRL + mousewheel doesn't work either)

make sure slicex is selected first(click on the top of it's handle the drag gable thing that lets you move slicex)

alternatives to slicex:
wavepad
recycle

how does Edison compare vs. Slicex???
I know both are good for sample based producers

I used to use Edison to chop up samples and then place them into FPC
to mess around with my Akai MPD16

how does Edison compare vs. Slicex???
I know both are good for sample based producers

I used to use Edison to chop up samples and then place them into FPC
to mess around with my Akai MPD16

Slicex is basically Edison with a whole bunch of other features, minus recording which you can do straight into the Playlist and then drop it into Slicex. The main benefit is that you don't have to bounce your chops to individual audio clips just to play them, you can play your chops right inside of Slicex into the Piano Roll and still have full control over your chops because they're not bounced audio clips.

from messin with both it seems edison's a sampler only while slicex acts like an actual mpc.(they basically coded fpc and edison together)

Edison isn't a sampler, it's an Audio Recorder and Editor. But Slicex pretty much is a beefed up Edison and FPC combo.

ReCycle is pretty decent.

I actually prefer using Pro Tools for it's tab to transient feature. Very useful. I use FL as my primary DAW, but other DAWs have their benefits too :D

Back