Want to learn how to produce...Keyboard questions

jonathandaughty

Im in the process of trying to learn how to make beats, i use fl studio and im currently trying to teach myself the piano until i can get lessons. But i have a few questions relating to using synthesizers and using my piano to play them.

What are the main things that i should learn about? From what i've read, chord and scales are the most important. But i dont see how they tie into playing synths such as nexus 2.

People talk about chords but most of the time when i watch people play their synths in beat making videos, they're only play on note at a time soo.. How do i know which notes sound good together?

i have a problem with making my instruments/sounds sound well together ex. leads/brass/bass/keys.. Is there any trick to this? or is it something ill just have to adapt a ear for?

Thanks in advance.

scales are patterns that help finger placement and give some basic melodies at the same time.
learning overly simple songs like mary little lamb can be turned into more melodies.
learning parts of harder songs like beethoven could help with black note placement.

Doing it alot.Practicing cmajor till you hear the notes before touching them.Put stuff together you want in the same space because it's your beat.
Add a change up if you feel like adding one.Music theory might help you, don't really udnerstand the use of it myself but it might work.
A lot of songs are modified scale patterns.

And then, you can create your own scales too.

making good music is something that will come with time and ear training... you'd want to learn chords and scales so you know what notes to play.. you don't NEED chords and scales to produce but it can help

Back