Using .wav files in Reason 4

krazyk

Money Over All
I made a voice tag for my beats in Audition 3. Usually when I want to use a wav sample I use the Redrum. I heard ppl saying you can load wav files in the NN-XT and N19. I can someone tell me how to do that?

Oddly enough, by hitting the "load sample" button and browsing to your sample. Note: the "load patch" button only does what it says.

Use the upload sample button. It's not hard, go to the help menu and look up either module, it tells you how to do this. This is a very very very basic question. I was able to learn how to load a wav sample, just by LOOKIN at these 2 modules and sayin to myself "hmmm...what does this do?" and actually clickin it. When ever i have a question about something in Reason, i go to the help menu (which is up next to file/edit/view) and search the module in question. It'll do you alot more good then comin in here and askin simple questions like this. Sorry to sound like these arrogant folks on here that always say "RTFM", cause i'm really not, (you see i answered your question) i'm just tryin to show you how easy it is to get answers, directly from the program your already in. It's the help menu, no need for the paper manual, just click help, you can search or just scroll thru the topics. Sorry so blunt, i'm just trying to help you gan knowledge as opposed to teaching you the program one post at a time. Hope that helps
LevLove

Last edited:
na..its cool you helped me..I do go through the manual but sometimes its not 100% clear. I remember you helped me with the vocoder question I had. Couldnt figure out how to hook everything up from reading the manual. But thats for the help

I don't think i even know what the manual looks like. I just refer to the help menu, cause it has a search function, haha call me a victim of the internet age. If i can find out what something does, i can find a way to use it, thats half the fun of learning to me, experimenting and seeing what happens. One day something is going to blow up in my face.
LevLove

mah bad..not manual the help button...tried to wire everything up for the vocoder and couldnt figure it out

That vocoder was a btch to get workin, but once i got it, it was easy. The key is get something playin on the carrier first, then hook up the modulator and play. Or vice versa, can't remember which is which off hand. But i used a rex loop and "sent to track" first, while that was playin, then i added the vocoder and then a subtractor, worked fine. Get something playin in the sequencer first, then add vocoder, then add subtractor, they should all autowire properly when you do it like that. Oh, when i'm doin it, i right click on the previous module and go to create.....so the routing is there. Sometimes gotta manually wire it if stuff don't autoroute the way you want it. One day when i think about it, i'll post up a combi or rns file for you. After that first time you asked about it i had to go home and refamiliarize myself with it. I still had to play with it, even tho i'd done it before. Haha.
LevLove

Yea, get the vocals playin in the sequencer first, then start to add the vocoder and synth. When you add the vocoder, the vocal sound will become inaudible until you add the synth and hit some keys. See if that helps.

when i add a NN-19 to the rack, the default patch is "FARFISAORGAN"(im using reason4) <> i then load the .wav file i want to use as a sample <> guess what, the "solo sample" had to be checked for the sample to work <> "solo sample" is a tiny red square switch, at the top of the sampler, towards the right <> if this switch is not on, from just past "C0" up on the sequencer the sampler will play the FARFISAORGAN instead of the sample i loaded <> oddly enough (krushing), just hitting "load sample" wasnt the answer (?) <> this is a basic question (LevLove), but the answer wasnt so simple to figure out, the help menu wasnt very helpful, trust me i spent an hour on it ;/ <> i have had a few FL producers IRL get stuck on this very thing and i hope this post is helpful

for future questions in reason, maybe a good idea to check the tutorials and the 52 reason/record tips from James Bernard, they helped me a whole lot.
Check their youtube channel. w w w youtube com/user/propellerheadsw?blend=1&ob=4
You can also find these through their main website. Also the artist stories section are really inspiring and good learning. Ppl like Hank Shocklee telling you some of their "secrets".

Last edited:
Back