is using free vst plugins and drum packs legal?

MysticMelody

Hi, i just want to start off by saying that im a newbie and i want to make my music sound as best as it possibly can, as im learning the process of music making. and since i started making beats ive been using free vst plugins and drum packs from various websites like "vstwarehouse" or "hiphopmakers". I just wanted to know if ill get anywhere using all this free stuff, does anyone else do it? i just generally want to hear your opinions on this.

depends entirely on the use that the pack permits, in most cases the End User License agreement (EULA) states that all samples are royalty free with an attribution; i.e. parts of this production were created using xyz sample pack from abc software company

Well, the question is legit in the sense that there are a lot of sites offering commercial (paid) plugins for "free". Same goes for samples, and of course there are sample packs that have been sampled without permission - like many of those producer sound-a-like packs. But at least VST Warehouse is legit. Don't know about Hiphop Makers.

Back