Urgent Help Needed Setting Up A USB Mic In Cubase!!

LdN2

Hi, I recently bought a BLUE Yeti USB mic after seeing some good reviews on youtube etc.

However, I am having a few issues getting it to work in Cubase. I have selected it as my main recording input via the sound and audio devices section on windows control panel but Cubase still does not recognise it.

I have tried all the audio device options in Cubase but the only time a mic is registered by Cubase is when I select asio4ALL. Unfortunately that mic is my sh*tty laptop mic which is super lame and the reason I bought the Yeti!!

I have tested the Yeti though the standard sound recorder on windows so I know its working.

Any ideas on how I can get the Yeti recording in Cubase??

Appreciate any help,

LDN..

PS. I am running Cubase SX 4 on Windows 7

I've never got my mic to work in FL or any DAW at that, lol. I usually just do all my recording in Audacity instead. You may wanna try that, or find another workaround..

You probably need to set the usb mic as your audio in (audio recorder) in windows, instead of the laptop mic. Then open cubase and go to Asio4All and you should be good.

cubase is such a ***** to get working. It took me weeks to get my steinberg made interface and trying multiple computers to get it going. Go to device setup in cubase and play around in there, thats the best advice i can offer LMAO. Such a pain sometimes

Back